The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC key assignments + MSFS2020 Drone Cam

BeetleCoyote331

Hello!

I purchased a license for FSUIPC just yesterday evening, as I wanted to have a specified key assignment for ailerons steering on the FBW A32NX. I made the assignments and fired up the sim to test it out. It works. But when using the drone cam I use the same numpad keys to navigate the drone cam, as I use to steer the ailerons on the A32NX - which works under normal circumstances with the Asobo A320N and the stable version of the A32NX. But now with the FSUIPC key assignment, suddenly the A/C steers left and right because it reacts to both the in-game assignment for the drone cam and the FSUIPC assignment for the ailerons. Is there a way somehow to configure FSUIPC to not react when I use the same keys in drone cam?

6 hours ago, BeetleCoyote331 said:

Is there a way somehow to configure FSUIPC to not react when I use the same keys in drone cam?

To do this, you need to detect when the drone camera is being used and add an offset condition to your assignments. I don't think that there is anything available that can determine the camera that is in use, but you could detect when switching between drone/cockpit cameras either by
   - assigning the ins key (the default MSFS key assignment that switches from drone to cockpit view and back) in FSUIPC7 to update a user offset flag, so the flag shows 1 when using the drone camera and 0 otherwise.
     If you do that, you can then add an offset condition to your assignments so that they are only sent when not in drone cam mode
  - you could have a lua script to intercept the VIEW_MODE control/event, and again update/toggle a free user offset when such an event is received