The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 lua-plugins don´t work after installing on a new PC

Ralf Luther

Hello all,

after buying a new PC I now installed FSUIPC7 and lua-plugins for cabin announcments for new. But now it doesn´t work, I don´t get any announcements when flying.

For this I just downloaded the FSUIPC7 for new from the website after logging in with my account.

On my old PC everything was installed on  C:, now on 😄 I have only windows installed. MSFS is now installed on E:

So I tried do change the installation of FUSIPC7 from 😄 to E: but it doesn´t work anywhere.

When starting MSFS2020 FSUIPC7 is also started well but it doesn´t work.

What could be the reason?

Thanks for answer,

Ralf.

1 hour ago, Ralf Luther said:

What could be the reason?

No idea. Please show me your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini files.
If using a new PC, did you check and update your device GUIDs in your FSUIPC7.ini? You need to change these if moving to a new PC, as the GUIDs (and also joy ids) can change.

Also, what do you mean by 'announcements'? Note that all standard FSUIPC text display facilities are broken in MSFS since the latest update, as the SimConnect_Text API function is no longer working at all (it was partially working in previous releases).

I have an add-on which needs FSUIPC7. This add-on normally makes automatic audio cabin announcements whilst the flights with MSFS2020, for example Captain´s welcome, Safety instructions and so on.

But I don´t know what you mean when you say check and update your device GUIDs in your FSUIPC7.ini

What should I do for this?

Usually I can start the audio announcements by pressing STRG+W and it´s to stop by STRG+X. Now when I press this keys I can hear the one-second-Starting-tone but I am missing the displayed text "cabin announcement started" which I did know from my old PC before.

On the old PC I had to copy three lua-files into the FSUIPC7-folder and I had do place a folder named "mysound" in the root-folder. This one has the audio files included.

Could it be that this is a problem with the MSFS-Update 5 ?

Thanks for helping!

Greetings, Ralf

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini

17 minutes ago, Ralf Luther said:

But I don´t know what you mean when you say check and update your device GUIDs in your FSUIPC7.ini

Its not an issue as as you don't have any assignments in FSUIPC.

18 minutes ago, Ralf Luther said:

I am missing the displayed text "cabin announcement started" which I did know from my old PC before.

All text display facilities are broken since SU5, so that will be your issue.

13 hours ago, Ralf Luther said:

What can I do for getting back the main functions?

I'm not sure. Are your scripts running and not working, or are the scripts not running?
How are you starting them - from your ipcReady.lua?
Your log shows one of the luas being killed (twice!):

251266 LUA: "announcement.lua": killed
  1139453 LUA: "announcement.lua": killed

Fist, check the scripts are running. Try activating debug logging for lua scripts, which would tell you if they are running or not.
If they are not running, try adding them to the [Auto] section of your FSIOC7.ini (see Advanced User Guide for details) and remove them from your ipcReady.lua, if they are started from there.
If they are running but not working as before, then please show me your 3 lua files (ipcReady.lua, announcement.lua, anouncement2.lua).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ralf Luther said:

Could you tell me: how can I activate debug logging for lua scripts and where can I see than if they are running?

From the log menu, and the statements will go to youy FSUIPC7.log file (if you don't opt to log luas to a separate log file, which you shouldm't).
Please see the User Guide.

John, can it be that the error is that I downloaded the FSUIPC7-Software for Re-installing on my new PC from your open website? Should I better download it from my account?

But there the link isn´t to find anymore. Could you give me the link for downloading the purchased version again?

Do I have to enter my softwarekey again whilst installation?

Thanks for helping.

John, can it be that the error is that I downloaded the FSUIPC7-Software for Re-installing on my new PC from your open website? Should I better download it from my account?

No, you don;t need an account to download as it is also freeware. Just download from www.fsuipc.com

Do I have to enter my softwarekey again whilst installation?

No. If you install into the same directory, your FSUIPC7.key file will be recognised and your registration details populated in the installer registration screen. You can verify again or just skip registration as you already have a keu file. If installing in a different folder, just copy your FSUIPC7.kry file to a different folder.