The simFlight Network Forums

Wrong Airline with correct plane

IanHarr

It sounds like a callsign problem.  We use the callsign to identify the "proper" airline name such as SA Airlink or NZ Airlink, but sometimes the callsign can refer to more than one airline depending on the AI package concerned and your STB configuration.

• Goto "Configuration" menu at the top and choose "Settings"
  • When the Settings Notebook opens, click the Objects Tab.  Make sure the "Edit Airlines" button is selected on the right.
  • Find the callsign being used by SA Airlink.  This is set by your AI package.
  • Change the Airline name, IATA and ICAO codes as you see fit and save.
  • Restart STB, and SA Airlink should show up as you wish them to.

If this isn't the problem, let me know.

Thanks

Simon

4 hours ago, flying-w said:

It sounds like a callsign problem.  We use the callsign to identify the "proper" airline name such as SA Airlink or NZ Airlink, but sometimes the callsign can refer to more than one airline depending on the AI package concerned and your STB configuration.

• Goto "Configuration" menu at the top and choose "Settings"
  • When the Settings Notebook opens, click the Objects Tab.  Make sure the "Edit Airlines" button is selected on the right.
  • Find the callsign being used by SA Airlink.  This is set by your AI package.
  • Change the Airline name, IATA and ICAO codes as you see fit and save.
  • Restart STB, and SA Airlink should show up as you wish them to.

If this isn't the problem, let me know.

Thanks

Simon

Thanks Simon,

I am a bit stuck with this.

I have set up Link to refer (I think) to SA Airlink, the Air New Zealand was coming from a Mount Cook Variation. This I changed to Airline " Mount Cook" with no mention of Air NZ.

None of this seems to have worked as hoped . Attached shows what is the current state. The codes have changed but not the Airline.

It is clearly an Airlink plane but is still referred to as Air NZ.ANZ_AIRLINK.thumb.png.1c56ab7ae2362b77e367dd53df95be69.pngANZ_AIRLINK.thumb.png.1c56ab7ae2362b77e367dd53df95be69.png

This is the only case where it is really obvious that something is wrong. All other planes/airlines seem fine.

Ian

It is just the logo that's wrong now?  Is the IATA code "4Z" correct as you have defined it? 

The logos work directly off of the callsign value, so it's using "link.png" (or .jpg or .gif) with an Air NZ depicted by it.  Just acquire your own logo, name it link.png and put it in the user defined logo directory.  That's set in the logo tab.

Simon

17 hours ago, flying-w said:

It is just the logo that's wrong now?  Is the IATA code "4Z" correct as you have defined it? 

The logos work directly off of the callsign value, so it's using "link.png" (or .jpg or .gif) with an Air NZ depicted by it.  Just acquire your own logo, name it link.png and put it in the user defined logo directory.  That's set in the logo tab.

Simon

OK will give that a go later.