The simFlight Network Forums

I can’t change/keep alt with FD/AP VNAV mode correctly in E190v3

Boveax

Hi, 

Altitude cannot be adjusted according to the set speed (FLCH) or VS/ FPA , or altitude keep with ALT mode. 

Everything else is normal and auto throttle works normally.

For example, the preset altitude for take-off is 3000ft, Vfs198kt. After the acceleration height I engaged AP and FL change mode, retract flaps and set speed bug to 210kt 
After about 10 seconds of normal ascent, the FD and AP start to indicate pitch down and increase speed until OVSP warning.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation and how to solve it?

• Boveax changed the title to I can’t change/keep alt with FD/AP VNAV mode correctly in E190v3
13 hours ago, scoobflight said:

I suggest you watch some of the YouTube videos that show programming the FMGC and conducting a flight.  In addition try duplicating the introduction flight as outlined in the manual.

I have completed all actions and procedures in according to standard operating procedures.
I will upload a video to show you what I met.

11 hours ago, scoobflight said:

The manual provided for the simulation?

Have you watched the YouTube videos that are for the simulation?

Please watch the video, anything wrong I did? AP lose control from 4:00. I found ASEL mode cannot transition to ALT mode correctly.

17 hours ago, scoobflight said:

Have you followed the simulation's manual?

Yes, I have read and tried to solve my problem.  But the introduction of AP and INTRODUCTION FLIGHT (This section only mentions how to fly with the preset altitude in MCDU) in the article did not help me.

Have you watched my video, please give me some suggestions

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 7:43 PM, Boveax said:

Yes, I have read and tried to solve my problem.  But the introduction of AP and INTRODUCTION FLIGHT (This section only mentions how to fly with the preset altitude in MCDU) in the article did not help me.

Have you watched my video, please give me some suggestions

have you had any luck since?…

it doesn’t seem to engage into ALT mode (from ASEL).  Instead of selecting FLCH at acceleration altitude, try selecting VNAV instead?

also ensure on the MCDU/FMS that PERF INIT page 3 intial cruise altitude is setup correctly.

other than that, very quickly watching the video seemed you were doing everything correctly. (Although I don’t have much experience with this product- but do fly the e190 for work).