The simFlight Network Forums

Nyerges Design Tower! 3D Pro Real Colors Add on Pack 1

Pedantic G

All,

This is an update announcement following on from the recent poll result and the agreement from Gabor to at least release an initial paid RC Service Pack update to the community.

This is designed to keep RC packs as up to date as possible for those that still wish to game with the current version once the the new Tower Sim 3 comes out.

I have attached an updated initial file with the list of liveries etc. that I have spotted in the airline press and requests already sent to me by community members thus far.

To request additions to this please PM me with the following information for me to consider adding this to list to request from Gabor:

1. Airframe type code

2. IATA Code (if known)

3. Airline Name

4. Any additional comments

I will respond directly to you if I have any questions etc.

As previously mentioned in the original post the General Rules for requests to be considered are:

- Requests for updates would be limited in the most part for airlines/flights that are operating into airports that are have been issued in the current version of the game (not a hard and fast rule but will be used to determine if these are added if too many requests for Nygeres to produce)

- No one off or unique liveries would be considered

- No new airframes will be considered but Cargo variants (without windows) of current airframes already in game would be considered. Real Traffic would be updated IF a new cargo variant is added.

I will endeavor to update the RC file request list at regular intervals in this topic to keep people informed of requests received so far.

Thanks

Gary

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pedantic G said:

All,

This is an update announcement following on from the recent poll result and the agreement from Gabor to at least release an initial paid RC Service Pack update to the community.

This is designed to keep RC packs as up to date as possible for those that still wish to game with the current version once the the new Tower Sim 3 comes out.

I have attached an updated initial file with the list of liveries etc. that I have spotted in the airline press and requests already sent to me by community members thus far for information.

To request additions to this please PM me with the following information for me to consider adding this to list to request from Gabor:

1. Airframe type code

2. IATA Code (if known)

3. Airline Name

4. Any additional comments

I will respond directly to you if I have any questions etc.

As previously mentioned in the original post the General Rules for requests to be considered are:

- Requests for updates would be limited in the most part for airlines/flights that are operating into airports that are have been issued in the current version of the game (not a hard and fast rule but will be used to determine if these are added if too many requests for Nygeres to produce)

- No one off or unique liveries would be considered

- No new airframes will be considered but Cargo variants (without windows) of current airframes already in game would be considered. Real Traffic would be updated IF a new cargo variant is added.

I will endeavor to update the RC file request list at regular intervals in this topic to keep people informed of requests received so far.

Thanks

Gary

Nygeres RCSP1 List_Vs1.1.xlsx 36.41 kB · 12 downloads

what i do after download this file??

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Pedantic G said:

All,

Many thanks for those that have sent me requests to consider adding to the proposed RC Service Pack. I have updated the file in the first thread in this topic with those that have been added so far.

Gary

Is it to late to add another request 

5 hours ago, Pedantic G said:

No I will keep this open until near the end of the month before sending off to Gabor.

I rushed my first request, as it just looked nice and filled a gap at (fictional 2019) EGLL Terminal 4
Thank you for confirming a cutoff date

I need to go back to OMDB, from memory there is one aircraft and airline missing

I have also now started on KLAX, can then see if there are any combinations that give me a red cell (aircraft and airline required)

• Thanks 1

All,

I have updated the file in the first thread in this topic with those that have been added so far following recently received requests (Version 1.3).

Please note that I will close the final list of submissions on Friday 22nd October to send off to Gabor at @nyergesdesign to start the production of this pack to allow for review and testing prior to release to the market. The good news that Gabor has agreed to get this to the market for late November/December this year providing testing goes successfully.

The list is pretty comprehensive now with not too many slots to add but as before if you have a specific request PM me.

Gary

There may be additional packs depending on success of this one I guess.  

Don't care if it is bumped, pinned or whatever and it can be any title you want! Thought the title explains what the subject is about and says what's inside the tin but clearly not 🙃

2 hours ago, crbascott said:

This has a rather generic subject title. Don't you think it should be more specific if you're going to pin it?

How about revising the Subject to match what it will be released as?
(example) Service Pack Updates One 2021

Future updates thereafter can be created in a new topic, sequentially

• Thanks 1

• Pedantic G changed the title to Nyerges Design Tower! 3D Pro Real Colors Add on Pack 1
2 hours ago, MJKERR said:

How about revising the Subject to match what it will be released as?

Thanks and done. Subject title changed to reflect that it is a to be purchased Real Colors add on pack for the current version of the game that may or may not have additional products in the future.

Hopefully everyone is happy now 🙃

I would really like to have spoof codes for the liveries for Air Canada (AC), Air Canada Jazz (QK) and Westjet (WS) to allow for more realistic gate assignments for US-bound flights at CYVR. In real life, all US-bound flights from those three companies operate from the US preclearance terminal at YVR.

This is exactly the same as what you have for BA narrowbodies at EGLL. You use the spoof code #B/SHT and you get A320/19/21s in BA livery but having the spoof code means you can assign different types of BA flights to different terminals. Same livery, different pair of airline codes.

Does that make any sense?

1 minute ago, corrigancr said:

I would really like to have spoof codes for the liveries for Air Canada (AC), Air Canada Jazz (QK) and Westjet (WS) to allow for more realistic gate assignments for US-bound flights at CYVR. In real life, all US-bound flights from those three companies operate from the US preclearance terminal at YVR.

This is exactly the same as what you have for BA narrowbodies at EGLL. You use the spoof code #B/SHT and you get A320/19/21s in BA livery but having the spoof code means you can assign different types of BA flights to different terminals. Same livery, different pair of airline codes.

You could extend this to spoof codes for the major US airlines as well, it would help a lot in separating domestic from international traffic by terminal. You wouldn't have to create any new liveries, just a new set of codes for existing liveries.

8 hours ago, corrigancr said:

Makes perfect sense to allow correct terminal assignments at some airports

8 hours ago, corrigancr said:

You could extend this to spoof codes for the major US airlines as well, it would help a lot in separating domestic from international traffic by terminal. You wouldn't have to create any new liveries, just a new set of codes for existing liveries.

Get this as well. For example Sky West which have American Eagle, United Express, Alaska, Delta Connection and their own liveries etc.

To be fair this is something that could open up a Pandora's box in terms of volume so wouldn't want to suggest this for this pack as its more than anticipated in terms of volume anyway at this stage but IF there is a Pack 2 I guess it could be considered. Who knows the new game may be out by then and it may be easier to create the type of terminal segregation you are talking about without the need to create a further raft of spoof codes. 

6 hours ago, crbascott said:

someone would have to manage/maintain an unofficial airlines.txt master file. 

We already have this with some of the duplicate cargo airlines, where the IATA / ICAO code does not exist and is not currently in use
So it does raise the question who decides which code to use?

15 hours ago, MJKERR said:

We already have this with some of the duplicate cargo airlines, where the IATA / ICAO code does not exist and is not currently in use
So it does raise the question who decides which code to use?

You're not understanding my point - if the use of spoof codes becomes standard with the release of these packs, then someone will need to manage/maintain/share a common airlines master. 

Since the IATA code is used in the livery filename, then ultimately Nyerges Design will need to decide on the code value or depend on a collaborator. Sounds like a job for @Pedantic G to me.  🙂 

• 4 weeks later...