The simFlight Network Forums

Nyerges Design Tower! 3D Pro Real Colors Add on Pack 1

Pedantic G

• 2 weeks later...

Feature description says: “includes all airline liveries for each airplanes operating in and out  from the airport (based on the Nyerges Design Real Traffic schedule)”.

This isn’t correct is it? I thought these were all mostly new airlines/planes not included in RT schedules and that it would require custom schedules in order to see the new liveries. 

9 hours ago, crbascott said:

Feature description says: “includes all airline liveries for each airplanes operating in and out  from the airport (based on the Nyerges Design Real Traffic schedule)”.

This isn’t correct is it? I thought these were all mostly new airlines/planes not included in RT schedules and that it would require custom schedules in order to see the new liveries. 

Hello Craig, thank you for your mention we have fixed the description. 

Hi all,

As you can see the RC Pack update is out and I will be updating the Master List shortly. https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85934-tower-3d-pro-real-colorsaircraft-master-list-by-airport/

Thanks to all those that contributed ideas.

As @crbascottcorrectly pointed out, these will need to be added to any custom schedules etc. as they are not specific to any one of the previously released airports and all the airlines will need to be added to whichever airport you are running. Most of you probably have a Master Airlines file but if not here is one that I use in testing. Just change the xxxx. to the airport code for the airport you are running 🙃

Gary

xxxx_airlines.txt

I'm having a problem with Tower after installation of this update -- my ADIRS does something strange as shown in the screenshot below. Initially, ADIRS runs correctly but when there is a second a/c calling, it changes to what you see. Closing ADIRS and re-opening does not correct the problem. 

What I did was run RC_Tower3D_Update.exe, install to my Tower folder and then I had problems. Was there something else I need to install/update?  Is there anyway to uninstall this update to see if this is an issue? Or did I make a mistake in installation? And how can I check to see if it installed correctly? I’ve had nothing due smooth operations prior to this.

Thanks for your help!

rc1.png

@Sky King This is due to my patch and using foggy weather. Remember I just removed over 50% of the existing weather code and am now in the process of cleaning up the loose ends. I've also fixed this particular problem with the adirs, but that's just a symptom. Once I finish fixing the cause I'll release a new patch.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, WildCard said:

@Sky King This is due to my patch and using foggy weather. Remember I just removed over 50% of the existing weather code and am now in the process of cleaning up the loose ends. I've also fixed this particular problem with the adirs, but that's just a symptom. Once I finish fixing the cause I'll release a new patch.

Thanks so much for the information! Appreciate your efforts!

Happy Holidays!

@hexzed or @PedanticG

Ok, I ready to install the new update and ready to and about to buy the packs with all the new aircraft and leviers as follows:

1x Real Color UPDATE pack

1x ZBAD Color Pack

and Real Traffic.

Is any one here able to give me step-by step instructions on how to install successfully and if possible mainly for YMML? Plus do we need to rebuy the Tower 3D Pro! Real Traffic or just re-download from our own prior-purchased link to update the real traffic with the updated Tower 3D Pro! RCP.

I have already a few customizations and mainly play at YMML.

Please help!

Kind Regards,

QantasFan

@QantasFan-QF476

Real Traffic does not need to be purchased twice. Use the information from the purchase confirmation email to download the latest version and install it over the previously installed version.
(Backup all custom schedules and other modified TXT files from the game's airport folders beforehand.)

All, at least I hope so, information about the installation of Real Traffic and Real Color can be found in these guides:
Real Traffic: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2544245180
Real Color: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2544293092

Keep in mind that these are guides for the Steam version. If you didn't buy Tower!3D Pro via Steam, the installation paths will differ, of course.
Basically, it is only important to ensure that you specify the correct paths during the installation, especially if you did not install Tower!3D Pro in the default path.

These are the typical installation paths:

NOTE: Once you have completed the installations, you will need to create your own schedules to get flights with liveries of a Real Color Pack displayed at a different airport. The same applies to the Retro and Update pack.

• Upvote 1

Now I have a brief question of my own; actually two.

When the Retro pack was released, the then current Real Traffic installer, if I'm not mistaken, created a RETRO folder with updated files for the airlines, airports and aircraft. With the current version, no UPDATE folder is created.
@nyergesdesign are the updated text files, so that customers can actually use the new airlines and aircraft models, supplied with the Real Color pack? That would be out of the ordinary.

This leads me directly to the next question.

To make sure I indeed have the latest RT version installed, I took a quick look at the Current Versions Sheet thread.
@FeelThere Ariel is there a reason why this hasn't been updated for quite some time?

My understanding that updating RT text files was out of scope of this project (despite new plane models being added). Based on @Pedantic G providing an airlines file, I'm guessing you may have to update the airplanes file yourself. Based on G's Excel master file, you would need to add something like the following two entries to the appropriate airplanes files in order to use the A319NEO and B727 freighter:

A19N-19N-AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A319 (NEO)              -NARROW BODY JET
B72F-72F-BOEING 727 FREIGHTER              -NARROW BODY JET                                         

FYI - I downloaded sp6v31 and it had the new models in the manifest file. Based on this, I would assume it is the current version. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, crbascott said:

Based on G's Excel master file..

That's what confuses me.

I think there is no question that @Pedantic G is doing a great job here. All the necessary information can be found in the RCAOP1 spreadsheet document from this thread.

Why I am wondering that this information is not included with the RT update as it was with the Retro pack, and therefore asking if this information is included with the UPDATE pack, is to point out a possible grievance.

If this information is not included in the RC pack, wouldn't a buyer who doesn't know about this thread just have a useless livery pack on the PC?
I mean, not everyone will know how to open the manifest files to get information and additionally might not know which airlines are associated with the (new) IATA codes.

3 hours ago, EliGrim said:

If this information is not included in the RC pack, wouldn't a buyer who doesn't know about this thread just have a useless livery pack on the PC?

Obviously, the target audience for this and the retro pack is limited and not for the casual player. Not everyone understands the file structures and can build or even use custom schedules. However, if a buyer picks up the pack and feels that they have useless liveries I would hope they would quickly find their way to the support forum for help regarding using RC packs that require custom schedules.

I do agree an “UPDATE” folder would have been nice - a logical solution since RT was being updated anyway. But this isn’t the first time I’ve scratched my head regarding business decisions related to T!3DP.

• Like 2