The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 closing shortly after MSFS running [Windows 11].

chrisal

Hi. After a new install of MSFS I have this problem. I have looked through the forum but cannot find an answer. Simply put, Whether I let FSUIPC7 auto-run or launch manually, it appears to close a few moments after MSFS presents its Home screen. I see from the log file that it reports "  43078 MSFS no longer running - exiting" but I assure you it is still running normally!

I have uninstalled FSUIPC7 (including the ini file) and re-installed twice. Can you help please?

I attach the log and ini files

Chris

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini

This is very strange! Could you try manually starting FSUIPC7 before MSFS, and uncheck the option 'Exit with FS', then start MSFS.
FSUIPC7 will then attempt to re-connect when it thinks MSFS is no longer available. Please try this and show me the updated FSUIPC7.log file.

John

Even stranger....
I suspect something is wrong with your windows installation. I'll take a look (maybe later today, more probably tomorrow) to see if I can add some extra logging to see what is happening. In the mean time, can you try uninstalling your VC++ redistributables and reinstalling - instructions are in the README.txt that comes in the zip download.

John

1 hour ago, chrisal said:

I'd just installed the preview edition of Windows 11 this week.

Ah, yes - you didn't mention that! 

40 minutes ago, chrisal said:

And that seems to have worked, John. I'll test further but we may have solved it.

Ok, good. Sounds like the windows 11 installation may have screwed up the installed VC++ redistributables. Interesting.

Cheers,

John

Another voice to this topic - I am also experiencing similar behaviour since the Win11 update (updated on Friday using the "release preview" channel - this should be the build pushed out globally in a couple of days time). FSUIPC shuts down, and reports in the log that MSFS is no longer running. This doesn't happen immediately and seems quite random, often happening after it has been running for some time.

This has happened a few times over the last couple of days. I shall give the suggestions given above a try and will also report back with feedback.

Log attached

FSUIPC7.log.txt

Unfortunatelly, I have the same problem in Win 11. FSUIPC shuts down for no apparent reason (the MSFS runs normally). I'll try with the unchecked "exit with MSFS" option and see how it goes. I reinstalled all VC++ libraries as suggested.

29 minutes ago, FlyerSG said:

I have the same problem in Win 11.

I haven't checked compatibility of FSUIPC7 with Win 11 yet. The current requirements of FSUIPC7 are windows 10.
I will look into Windows 11 compatibility shortly. Until I do this, Windows 11 is not supported, and you are on your own. I cannot look into these issues until I have checked and approved Win11 compatibility. 

I hope you understand. Please be patient.  I will inform when compatible.

John

• John Dowson changed the title to FSUIPC7 closing shortly after MSFS running [Windows 11].

Dear Mr. Dowson, by all means. I've been using FSUIPC since it's birth and I can only confirm that it is a single most usable interface I ever experienced, with impeccable support and functionality. I'm certain that you will be able to sort it for Windows 11 users as well.

All the best and many thanks in advance.

FlyerSG

Greetings, just to add my recent observation: when I disable the option "Exit with FS", the FSUIPC.exe won't close randomly and stays on for the duration of the entire flight. When the option is enabled (to exit with FS), FSUIPC.exe shuts down and exits randomly, between 30 - 90 minutes into the flight, however there is no indication that MSFS crashed or exited in Windows Event viewer. Please find attached the log.

FSUIPC7 - Copy.log

Edited by FlyerSG

Chrisal, indeed, today I had it running (automatic start with MSFS and with "exit with MSFS" option disabled) and yet it crashed after 30 minutes, so this doesn't help much. I'm attaching the log, if it is of any help to Mr. Dowson. As he mentioned above, he is working on it, we just need to be patient for a while.

FSUIPC7_prev.log

4 minutes ago, FlyerSG said:

As he mentioned above, he is working on it, we just need to be patient for a while.

You are mistaken! I am not looking at this at the moment - I am still on Windows 10.
It will be a while before I can update to windows 11, not sure when at the moment.

As I said, the current requirements for FSUIPC7 (and MSFS as far as I know!) are windows 10. 

Windows 10 applications should be compatible with Windows 11, as long as the PC meets the Windows 11 requirements, as far as I'm aware.
If this is not the case, it is really an issue for MS!

I am not planning on updating my flight system to windows 11 for quite a while. I currently need to keep my development system on Windows 10, as that is still currently what most users are on. I still have a a windows 7 system which I need for certain activities (mainly key generation). I need to move these to  windows 10, then update my windows 7 system to windows 10, then my windows 10 system to windows 11. It is going to take quite a while.

For the time being, I will not be responding to any Windows 11 issues, except maybe just to re-instate that it is currently not supported.

As I said, you need to be patient!

John