The simFlight Network Forums

T!3DP - Mods Available

crbascott

Apparently the oft-discussed and not so secret mods made by @WildCardare now publicly available. From what I gather, all one has to do is private message @WildCard on this very support forum. Based on this, I would have to assume that @FeelThere_Vic fully supports the mods and distribution channel/mechanism.   

Not sure if there will be support topics for bug reports, enhancements, new features documentation, etc. We'll see. Exciting times! 

• Thanks 3

On 10/21/2021 at 8:51 AM, crbascott said:

Not sure if there will be support topics for bug reports, enhancements, new features documentation, etc.

Why would a software publisher/developer provide support for a third-party unofficial patch?
Patches also require that the original game is already installed before they will work, they are not a stand-alone product.

Even for games that provide a built-in method for loading "mods", the developers of those games only provide support for the unmodified game. It is usually standard practice that when an error is reported in these types of games, that the first question asked is "Does this happen without any mods loaded?"

Also the level of support provided is usually proportional to the amount of money paid. i.e. you get what you pay for

• Paid game = professional paid support
  • Free patch = unprofessional unpaid non-support

Daniel

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, WildCard said:

Why would a software publisher/developer provide support for a third-party unofficial patch?

The question was would there be publicly available support topics (instead a hiding behind the curtains in the private message world) not if there would actually be FeelThere support. To be honest, in the flight sim world I’ve seen very solid and professional-like support for free software/patches. But you do your thing Wildcard, it’s obvious that is your modus operandi.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

And there is also one that puts special liveries in the game that tp gaming is using on his YouTube channel 

Also has some strange voice commands
"We are declaring an emergency"

I had assumed the liveries had been edited, created and then included
Does the "Thank You" livery actually exist in a pack?

1 hour ago, MJKERR said:

Also has some strange voice commands
"We are declaring an emergency"

In the magical world of video editing, this is called adding another sound track.

1 hour ago, MJKERR said:

I had assumed the liveries had been edited, created and then included
Does the "Thank You" livery actually exist in a pack?

You assume correctly, the liveries have been created and included in a pack.
It doesn't exist in a RC pack but in a pack created by... someone who isn't me 🙂

• Haha 1