The simFlight Network Forums

Sending PTT to PILOT2ATC WifeFS

Currently, I am able to specify on the FSUIPC Button Tab control sending SendKey.  In PILOT2ATC, I have PTT set to Cntl + T,  Looking at the WideFS documentation for the parameter it looks for the control SendKey should be set to 84,10. I put that in the parameter textbox,  and when a open the console and push the button mapped on my yoke, it is dropping the 10, specifying only 84.  if I specify  84+10 then the button value 2644.  (following examples in FSUIPC button documentation)

is there any way to open a debug or monitoring window in WideFS? How do I specify that PILOT2ATC should be the receptor of the PTT key from FSUIPC server via WideFS?  

I use the RemoteFlight controls for the IPAD, and there server app echos to a screen exactly what it received via FSX. 

I noticed there are FSUIPC PTT controls. I wonder how to configure in WideFS to relay to PILOT2ATC? Via Class Name??

I have been reading the documentation and testing, just need to validate what’s being received by WideFS. 

Thanks for any help!

2 hours ago, skyseek said:

Currently, I am able to specify on the FSUIPC Button Tab control sending SendKey.  In PILOT2ATC, I have PTT set to Cntl + T,  Looking at the WideFS documentation for the parameter it looks for the control SendKey should be set to 84,10. I put that in the parameter textbox,  and when a open the console and push the button mapped on my yoke, it is dropping the 10, specifying only 84.  if I specify  84+10 then the button value 2644.  (following examples in FSUIPC button documentation)

I think you are confused.

The 84,10 you want is part of the parameter for WideClient, on the client PC. In FSUIPC you merely choose SendKeyt with a parameter 1-255, giving up to 255 actions possible in the clients. It is in the WideClient INI file you tell it what action to take, like pressing a key combo.

Please do review the supplied documentation.

Pete

Sorry Pete,

iI am banging my head against the walls🤫

just to clarify, I am sending a button press From FSX via FSUIPC and WideFS to issue a Cntl + T as PTT.  The console display on the FSX side indicates the buttons and parameters are being sent.  But on the WideFS side  it doesn’t seam to be picking up the the KeySend request and issuing the PTT to PILOT2ATC.

There is nothing in the WideFS  log.  It does recognize PILOT2ATC as one of client applications.

I changed the logging to DebugAll and I don’t see anything where it is picking up the button press at all.

Thanks again Pete!

Cntl T is

KeySend1=84,10         (Keyed)

KeySend=84,26         Release???

I thought it was +16 for release. 

14 hours ago, skyseek said:

Cntl T is

KeySend1=84,10         (Keyed)

KeySend=84,26         Release???

I thought it was +16 for release. 

Several points here:

KeySend = 84,26 can never be selected as there is no KeySend number.

Yes, +16 for release, but it is also + 8 for press only -- otherwise you get a press and immediate release. So, assuming you are assigning KeySend1 to the press of your PTT button, and KeySend2 to the release of your button, then you should have these:

KeySend1=84,18
KeySend2=84,26

Please do refer to the examples in the WideFS Technical guide (eg page 16).

You've not shown me your assignments in FSUIPC so I can't check those for you.

These are my KeySend assignments for P2A:

UseSendInput=Yes
KeySend110=112,16 ; F1 Press   PTT for P2A
KeySend111=112,24 ; F1 Release PTT for P2A
KeySend112=121,16 ; F10 Press   Sayit for P2A
KeySend113=121,24 ; F10 Release Sayit for P2A
KeySend114=117,16 ; F6 Press   Sound device for P2A
KeySend115=117,24 ; F6 Release Sound device for P2A

They work well and consistently for me.

For logging you can use Log=KeySend. The "DebugAll" is really for all encoded frames being received from and sent to the Server.

Pete

Are you using Win10 on the client PC? If so, that may be the problem. Something MS has done in Win10 prevents keystrokes being sent to other processes.

See this:

https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/49635-sendkeys-not-working-windows-10-a.html

and also:

There is an alternative which should work: using a Virtual Joystick. My VJoyOffsets program acts as an FSUIPC client program, reading offsets which provide the data for button presses and axis values.

Please see http://fsuipc.com/download/vJoyOffsets.zip. Documentation is included.

Pete

Hey Pete,

I just realized that I was using WideFS7 with  MSFS 2020.  The I restored FSXSE from an image backup.  But I didn’t roll back the WideFS version on the Networked computer. But everything seemed to work OK except for this KeySend issue.  

My Bad!

I probably need to install the appropriate version of WideFS 6.xx

Sorry about that.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, skyseek said:

I just realized that I was using WideFS7 with  MSFS 2020.  The I restored FSXSE from an image backup.  But I didn’t roll back the WideFS version on the Networked computer. But everything seemed to work OK except for this KeySend issue.  

My Bad!

I probably need to install the appropriate version of WideFS 6.xx

Sorry about that.

No, WideFS7 is the version of WideFS that is compatible with MSFS2020, not WideFS6.

John

16 hours ago, skyseek said:

I think it is Windows 10 disabling the Send Keys.

I succeeded in using "PostKeys=Yes" to get keystrokes into Notepad, but only if the latter had focus. As you say, it looks like the SendInput method to a specific program is blocked by Win10. But you could try it with no "RunN" parameter on the WideClient KeySendN= parameters, so the keys are specifically sent to the program. 

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John and Pete,

Now that I have a week off for the Thanksgiving Holiday, I am back to troubleshooting my SendKeys issue.

I am not using the RunN in the WideFSClient.ini file. I think all you need to do is set focus through a Windows API before sending the keystroke ,correct?

What is PostKeys=Yes? 

Thanks!

17 hours ago, skyseek said:

What is PostKeys=Yes? 

There's a full explanation in the WideFS Technical document, but in essence ask it does is tell WideClient to use a simple PostMessage sequence to feed to a Window with keyboard focus. This seems more likely to work in Win10 because my normal preferred method of using SendInput seems to be broken in the recent versions of Windows.

Pete

Thanks Pete.

Here are the settings I used:

PostKeys=Yes

I have tried with these two settings present and not present:

UseSendInput=No
SendKeyPresses=No

KeySend110=112,16 ; F1 Press   PTT for P2A
KeySend111=112,24 ; F1 Release PTT for P2A

WideFS is receiving the 110 and 111 KeySend, it is just not making it to P2A.

Even with P2A is in focus for the keyboard, it still won’t trigger the P2A PTT.  If I press and hold F1 on the keyboard, it works…

P2A’s log doesn’t show any key press event for the joystick button press. 

Am I still missing something?

Thanks!