The simFlight Network Forums

P3D5 Throttle Axis Issue

Btw, you may/should comment out the logging statements in that lua, once you have it working. It is also designed to toggle between forward/reverse thrust on a button-press and release, so one press (and release) when throttles are at idle will switch from forward to reverse thrust, and a second press (and release), again when throttles at idle, will toggle back to forward thrust. If you plan to use this on a switch/sticky-button/slider, you can update to switch to reverse thrust on a press, and back to forward thrust on release.

The script also only toggles each thrust (left/right) independently, so if one thrust lever is in the idle range and the other not, only reverse thrust will be triggered for the idling engine. not the other.

Hello @John Dowson

Thank you for the script! I will try it when I get back to my sim computer.

I have been slowly troubleshooting what exactly caused the original problem. The only thing I've done so far to make that original problem come back is allowing FSUIPC's calibration page to process the axes. Once it is set to "Not processed" in the values field, everything works as intended both in FSUIPC and in P3D. If I double assign an axis like the "solution" to the original problem, it causes a conflict - as expected.

So, in short, I really don't know what caused the original problem. Before my reinstallation, I even deleted the controls config files and let the sim rebuild a new one; that didn't work either. I guess if anyone else runs into the same problem, all the advice I can offer is a complete reinstall, unfortunately.