The simFlight Network Forums

KRDU for FS2020 Updates

bns130

FeelThere Raleigh Durham looks great! I've flown in and out of there in a Cessna 152 during my IRL private pilot training years ago. FeelThere Raleigh Durham brings back the good memories!  I noticed in the FS2020 Content Manager that my FeelThere KRDU package shows a version 0.1.0 and a Placeholder image.  I purchased the airport direct from Feelthere via BMT Micro.  How do I get automatic update notifications via the FS2020 Content Manager section like I do for all my other payware addon airports?

Cheers,

BNS130

Because the marketplace purchases are automatically update. When you purchase directly from us (and I thank you for that!) there is no way as far as I know to update your content manager.
We always publish our updates inour newsletter (and many times we offer newsletter only discounts) so please sign up for the latest.

Thank you

Vic

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta be a way Vic ... Asobo has to authenticate access somehow.  How would you get the FeelThere download of KRDU onto an XBox Series S? File transfer into Community Folder?  FS2020 is a Play Anywhere product for PC and/or XBox. You just can't be simultaneously logged into both.

Okay Vic. Then there is really no reason to buy direct from FeelThere then other than to catch a sale price.  FS2020 is a Play Anywhere product. That means XBox or PC with one FS2020 license. Expecting customers to buy two copies of a scenery add-on for a Play Anywhere product is ridiculous and poor customer relations at best. Please update your web site to reflect the fact that FeelThere FS2020 scenery bought outside the Microsoft Marketplace is not supported via Content Manager. Had I know that in advance I would not have purchased it from FeelThere direct. KRDU is a nice scenery package either way.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any plans to improve this product with future updates? The main runway (23R/5L) in the model is asphalt when in real life its concrete. That's a pretty obvious difference that disappointed me considering how much the model costs. I can see that there was a lot of focus put into Terminal 2 which is nice and I appreciate that. But the 2-level roadway to the terminal isn't modeled and a car garage across the street from Terminal 2 is just replaced with a building. Are there any plans to fix these issues? Thanks for taking the time to read my questions and I look forward to feedback.

Respectfully,

Justin 

• 2 weeks later...

Is this not the appropriate forum for KRDU update questions? I have the latest update and I'm simply asking if there are any intentions to address a couple things I mentioned above in future updates. Honestly, just delete this because I'm done with your company. Thanks, Vic..

• 4 weeks later...

Love your KRDU! I have upgraded to version 1.6 but it doesn't work with FS2020 SU8. Does it need to be updated first? When FS launches it freezes at the end of the FS progress loading bar and never gets to the UI screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times. When I uninstall, FS loads fine. When I reinstall, it freezes. Tried to search for this but nothing comes up about whether 1.6 is SU8 compliant.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, sluihn said:

with su8 KRDU is a stutter feast

Many reports of problems with all add-ons from all developers after SU8.  For example, and possible solutions, review the following (and also search other discussions of SU8 scenery issues) - 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/615666-su8-bad-stutters-on-ground/?tab=comments#comment-4730786

Apologies Apologies.... it was not the work of FeelThere Thank Goodness.  The new Nvidia Driver killed performance here but returned to an older driver and BACK to NORMAL Frames.  No More Stutter    i'll also blame a lil more beer than normal, last night.  AGAIN Apologies    Here Hoping for the continued updates with your sceneries   If you need pictures or anything of the like of RDU  Please ask 

Cheers

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hello Vic, 

Is there any line of sight to fix the default taxiways to correct names, signs are correct on the field but when atc taxis you they are using original msfs200 field designators completely wrong.  Also any will to insert correct bridges over roads within airport like taxiway Juliet and Echo  or is what is available now is what you get?  

Thanks, Steve

Hello,

I thought I would chime in on this topic. Anyone else having weird elevation issues with KRDU? As you can see from the screenshots below, some parts of the airport are floating over the ground and some are sunken below it. I've removed every other mod from my Community folder and it makes no difference. I even recently reinstalled the sim and have this same problem. It also happens with KLAX but not KLGA.

nRtKQy4.jpg

DwB3ZLB.jpg

RktcQIY.jpg

I am looking for the correct update link to KRDU version 1.7.0 as it's not available through BMT Micro. They are still only offering v1.6.0. I purchased originally through the FeelThere sales direct - and my specified email download link. How do I get the latest version? I did not buy through the MSFS Marketplace. Thank you in advance for your time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes. I am seeing floating buildings, fuel tanks etc. Also game crashes every time when I start up at the gate. This is KRDU on xbox x. Very frustrating. I also own KORF by another developer with no issues. What is the problem?