The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.11 (Payware Vers.) and Throttle Sync

Using FSUIPC 3.11 with FS2K2, I activated throttle sync. hot key. The result in a mid-throttle activation when physically set at idle and in reverse thrust mode. This occurs when using the PSS-777 panel. I've not tried the feature with other panels.

Obviously, I 've done something wrong. Kindly advise how to overcome the problem.

Thank you.

Using FSUIPC 3.11 with FS2K2, I activated throttle sync. hot key. The result in a mid-throttle activation when physically set at idle and in reverse thrust mode.

Throttle sync copies your throttle 1 input to the other throttles, ignoring your other throttle inputs. For this it needs multiple throttle inputs. How many throttles do you have -- are they calibrated in FSUIPC's multiple throttles page, in the Joysticks section?

If you only have a single throttle lever then don't use "throttle sync", it isn't needed as your single throttle input will normally be used for all engines in any case, unless you've separated them by E+1, etc. If you've done this, re-sync them by E+1 2 3 4.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

I use one joystick throttle and of course the keyboard throttle control. There are rare occassions when the engine throttles become uncoupled. I believe it occurs when entering text during a SquawkBox online session. Text is entered no in the chat box but to FS2K2.

I tried in vain to recouple using the keystrokes E + 1 2. A friend informed me that your module would recouple the throttles. I now know that his statement wasn't accurate.

Are the joystick calibrations within your module complementary to FS2K2 joystick calidbration? What is to be gained by calibrating using yours rather than only FS2K2?

Thank you.

I tried in vain to recouple using the keystrokes E + 1 2. A friend informed me that your module would recouple the throttles. I now know that his statement wasn't accurate.

Ah, yes it is! :wink: In version 3.07 I added a separate HotKey to do exactly what you are asking. Actually, I thought the coupling thing was only a problem with 3 Engined aircraft, it's always seemed consistent for others. Nevertheless, what you want is the HotKey called "Resume All-Engine Control". It's the bottom left one on the Hot Key page in FSUIPC options.

Are the joystick calibrations within your module complementary to FS2K2 joystick calidbration? What is to be gained by calibrating using yours rather than only FS2K2?

As it says in the documents, mainly for more precise end points and null zones. However, for throttles the mapping on a single throttle to the (up tp) 4 separate throttles gives you a potential axis range with reverse as well as forward. You then calibrate the "centre" where you want the idle position to be, and make the "dead zone" there wide enough to find it reliably.

Check the Joystick section in the documentation for more details, if this interests you.

Regards,

Pete