Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC + WIDEFS 7 Compatibility with old FSUIPC


Recommended Posts

Thanks for the information..
the TRC LInk Software that sends FSUIPC commands to my actual panel hardware is only 32bit compatible. Thats why I am forced to use 32 bit.

I appreciate if you can address the ADF swap switch in the next fsuipc release as well.(and some minor problems is Transponder and autopilot modes)  Its not serious but I belive it can be fixed. Maybe incompatibility with default C172 in MSFS

Thanks for the help sir 

Sincerely 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, alireza787b said:

appreciate if you can address the ADF swap switch in the next fsuipc release as well.(and some minor problems is Transponder and autopilot modes)  Its not serious but I belive it can be fixed. Maybe incompatibility with default C172 in MSFS

This will almost certainly not be a problem with FSUIPC7 but with your assignments (or possibly an issue with the aircraft). How have you assigned the ADF swap? Many MSFS aircraft do not use or respond to the standard SDK events/controls...
Have you checked (with logging) what event(s) the aircraft is using, if any,  when you swap the ADF in the cockpit UI? If not, try that. Also try seeing what lvars are available - it may be possible to swap via using lvars - list the available lvars (using the Add-ins->WASM->List Lvars menu item) and if any look relevant, see if they change when you switch the ADF. Also check the MobiFlight HubHop resource (https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/) to see if any presets are available for this.

I can take a look tomorrow or later in the week if you are still having difficulties, but you should at least try looking into this first.

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, alireza787b said:

the TRC LInk Software that sends FSUIPC commands to my actual panel hardware is only 32bit compatible. Thats why I am forced to use 32 bit.

As I said, 32-bit software runs fine with a 64-bit windows installation. It is the other way around, 64-bit programs on 32-bit windows, which doesn't work.

If you update to Win7 I strongly advise you to go for 64-bit. Otherwise you are really restricting yourself unnecessarily.

Pete

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I know typically it should work on 64bit as well. but this is an exception. I talked with the developer and they stated that That software is built to work only with 32bit windows (dont know why 😄 )

the TRC LINK software from 2000-2005

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2022 at 6:41 AM, alireza787b said:

NDB ADF Frequency SWAP button doesn't work properly in FSUIPC. when I push swap, it changes the standby freq only and active wont change.

I have checked this and it seems to be working fine here. To what control have you assigned your button? Assigning to ADF1 Radio Swap works as expected here and the active/standby frequencies are switched as expected.

Check that you have assigned to the correct control, and try logging the ADF active/standby frequency offsets 0x0284 and 0x034C (as U16 in hex). This is what I see in the FSUIPC7.log file when I swap the ADF frequencies (also with event logging activated):

First swap:

Quote

   901203 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=174, Btn=7, Pressed
   901203 [Buttons.Cessna Skyhawk Asobo] 5=P174,7,C66741,0
   901203 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=66741, Param=0 ADF1_RADIO_SWAP
   901219 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66741 (0x000104b5), Param= 0 (0x00000000) ADF1_RADIO_SWAP
   901219 Monitor IPC:0284 (U16) = 0x400
   901219 SimRead: 0284="ADF STANDBY FREQUENCY:1" [also 0286]
            INT32: 335544320 (0x14000000)
   901219 Monitor IPC:034C (U16) = 0x890
   901219 SimRead: 034C="ADF ACTIVE FREQUENCY:1" [also 0356]
            INT32: 143654912 (0x08900000)
 

Second swap:

Quote

   903391 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={000000ae 00000080}
   903391 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=174, Btn=7, Pressed
   903391 [Buttons.Cessna Skyhawk Asobo] 5=P174,7,C66741,0
   903391 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=66741, Param=0 ADF1_RADIO_SWAP
   903422 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66741 (0x000104b5), Param= 0 (0x00000000) ADF1_RADIO_SWAP
   903422 Monitor IPC:0284 (U16) = 0x890
   903422 SimRead: 0284="ADF STANDBY FREQUENCY:1" [also 0286]
            INT32: 143654912 (0x08900000)
   903422 Monitor IPC:034C (U16) = 0x400
   903422 SimRead: 034C="ADF ACTIVE FREQUENCY:1" [also 0356]
            INT32: 335544320 (0x14000000)
 

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello again
I cant log in on FSUIPC 7 I think. Because the panel is connected to the old Laptop using old FSUIPC and TRCLINK. I havent done any assignments. Everything is happening on TRC LInk and RCSLink software from TRC Panel. How can I see the log for that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, alireza787b said:

Because the panel is connected to the old Laptop using old FSUIPC and TRCLINK.

What do you mean by this? What is 'old FSUIPC'? What version of FSUIPC are you using?

46 minutes ago, alireza787b said:

I havent done any assignments. Everything is happening on TRC LInk and RCSLink software from TRC Panel. How can I see the log for that?

It shouldn't make a difference where your assignments are - FSUIPC logging logs all sim events, not just those sent via FSUIPC. And the offsets hold the FS' simvar values and will update whatever is changing them.

And if you are using TRC LInk and RCSLink software for your assignments, why did you ask me to correct your ADF swap issue in FSUIPC:

On 5/8/2022 at 3:17 PM, alireza787b said:

I appreciate if you can address the ADF swap switch in the next fsuipc release as well.(and some minor problems is Transponder and autopilot modes)

?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1- TRC Link and RCSLInk are ready to use packed software that wont let us see exactly the assignments.  I doubt that because same configuration worked with XPUIPC, there should be a problem with compatibility with MSFS 2020 only and FSUIPC7. Seems I am wrong and I should find the problem somewhere else

 

2- I will check the FSUIPC version tomorrow. I think is should be version 4. it was designed to work with FS2004 natively. I think FSUIPC installed part of TRC software packages. because I dont remember installing FSUIPC on that old PC before.

3- Can I see the changes made on client (via old panel) on the FSUIPC7 software on my server node log? 

 

4- one silly question. I bought the valid licence for both FSUIPC7 and WideFS. but since it is already activated with trial license, I cant add my own serial key. should I run the installer again?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, alireza787b said:

1- TRC Link and RCSLInk are ready to use packed software that wont let us see exactly the assignments.  I doubt that because same configuration worked with XPUIPC, there should be a problem with compatibility with MSFS 2020 only and FSUIPC7. Seems I am wrong and I should find the problem somewhere else

 

2- I will check the FSUIPC version tomorrow. I think is should be version 4. it was designed to work with FS2004 natively. I think FSUIPC installed part of TRC software packages. because I dont remember installing FSUIPC on that old PC before.

To be honest, I have no idea how your set-up is working. FSUIPC4 (and all versions of FSUIPC prior to FSUIPC7) are dlls and run in the FS they are designed to work with. You cannot even install them if there is no FS for that version, so I have no idea how (or if) your TRC link and RCSLink software are using them.

17 minutes ago, alireza787b said:

3- Can I see the changes made on client (via old panel) on the FSUIPC7 software on my server node log? 

FSUIPC7 will log the events and simvar changes that it sees in the FS, regardless if where the events and simvar updates come from, and will log both when used on the server or on a client PC. The button/key events will only be logged when seen, i.e. for button/key events initiated from the PC on which it is running.

20 minutes ago, alireza787b said:

4- one silly question. I bought the valid licence for both FSUIPC7 and WideFS. but since it is already activated with trial license, I cant add my own serial key. should I run the installer again?

Yes. Or you can open the FSUIPC7.key file and replace the trial license details with your own.

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.