The simFlight Network Forums

Rudder Trim Indicator

Hi Pete and John

Happy new year to both and thank you so much for the excellent support you give always to the simmer community.

I am still working on my homepit (P3D_4.5, B737NGXu from PMDG) to get some errors out. So I found a problem in the Rudder_Trim function. I can control the Rudder_Trim_Knob without problem, but I don't have a feedback for my indicator in the pedestal. Well, I know, that the required output is not available from the PMDG SDK. But I found the following in your "FSUIPC5 Offsets Status", marked with NEW!:

0C02 2 Aileron trim value/control: –16383 to +16383 [NEW!] Ok-SimC ?-SimC
0C04 2 Rudder trim value/control: –16383 to +16383 [NEW!] Ok-SimC ?-SimC

I tried 0C04, but it outputs always a 0. Where does this value come from? Is it from SimConnect? If so, is it possible, that NGUx bypasses SimConnect in some way? Any suggestions how to solve this issue? Thank you for any help.

Best regards
Urs

1 hour ago, Alpin-Flier said:

0C02 2 Aileron trim value/control: –16383 to +16383 [NEW!] Ok-SimC ?-SimC
0C04 2 Rudder trim value/control: –16383 to +16383 [NEW!] Ok-SimC ?-SimC

I tried 0C04, but it outputs always a 0. Where does this value come from? Is it from SimConnect? If so, is it possible, that NGUx bypasses SimConnect in some way?

The trim values in FSUIPC offsets are from SimConnect, but they all relate to the built-in subsystems. Detailed addon aircraft such as those from PMDG tend to provide their own subsystems supplanting the default ones. This is why the PMDG SDK is so important -- these's no otherway to set or get subsystem values.

The fact that the current trim vales aren't available from the SDK (and hence not from the PMDG offsets either) is rather strange. I suggest that you ask PMDG about that.

Pete

Hi Pete

All clear now, thank you very much. Unfortunately PMDG is not really responsive to such wishes. So I will use a separate value in my script, starting with 0, driven up and down by the trim switch and driving my indicator. Not really a synchronous behaviour therefore, but somehow acceptable.

Have a good time.

Urs