The simFlight Network Forums

FSX SE -FSUIPC4 DLL

Hello..

I'm receiving this message when I launch FSX SE. All was well this morning, then this happened. 

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with  third -party programme:

FSUIPC4 DLL FS new Universal IPC Interface Version 4.977 

I thought that the DLL might be old, but I recently purchased FSUIPC and installed it a couple of days ago... 

Any help please?

Thanks RalphC 

5 hours ago, RalphC said:

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with  third -party programme:

FSUIPC4 DLL FS new Universal IPC Interface Version 4.977 

I thought that the DLL might be old, but I recently purchased FSUIPC and installed it a couple of days ago... 

Any help please?

This message occurs when FSX has previously crashed with FSUIPC still trying to close things down tidily. Being the module with the last thread running, Windows wrongly attributes the failure to it and this gets marked so in the Registry.

Sometimes telling FS to carry on and load FSUIPC works and clears the condition. If this doesn't help, even after a couple of attempts, then it could be a corrupted weather file, possibly caused by the crash. For this please refer to

This thread may also be helpful:

Failing all this, you'll need to supply an FSUIPC4.LOG file after FSX crashes when telling it to load FSUIPC.

Pete

Hello Pete

Thanks so much for your help with this.

It transpires that the problem lay within the Reg file. I checked the default value and it was a line of zeros. I then applied the default value as shown in the helpful link I also checked the weather solution, didn't seem to be that. I haven't a clue how this happened. 🤔

Once I launched FSX SE. I got the same problem, but I carried on anyway and good old FSUIPC was there. As a bit of an IT novice, I've found this interesting and helpful.

I'm slowly learning this programme and it's adding value to my simming experience. 

Thanks again. 

Ralph