The simFlight Network Forums

working on my own schedule but a few questions i have

rmcglew

Hello,

I am making my own fictitious schedule. How can I print out a list of what airline aircraft are available to me on the game? I have some jet traffic in my general aviation and I have a few white planes. How can I color these 707, 727 etc?

I have three hours of a mix of many types of aircraft at TIST. When I am finished anyone can try it out. It's fast paced. But just for fun.

On 1/15/2022 at 7:44 PM, rmcglew said:

Hello,

I am making my own fictitious schedule. How can I print out a list of what airline aircraft are available to me on the game? I have some jet traffic in my general aviation and I have a few white planes. How can I color these 707, 727 etc?

I have three hours of a mix of many types of aircraft at TIST. When I am finished anyone can try it out. It's fast paced. But just for fun.

The easiest thing to do, is to purchase and install ALL of the real color add on's. You will then have access to all of the aircraft at any airport you wish

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, bcooley66 said:

The easiest thing to do, is to purchase and install ALL of the real color add on's. You will then have access to all of the aircraft at any airport you wish

The reason that you are experiencing white planes, is that the aircraft are present in the airplane.txt file, but you don't have a Real Color file to cover the exact aircraft. You can use the Real Color manifest file as listed above, to see what Real Color airports you need to purchase. Or simply change the aircraft to match what real color that you already have installed

1 minute ago, bcooley66 said:

The reason that you are experiencing white planes, is that the aircraft are present in the airplane.txt file, but you don't have a Real Color file to cover the exact aircraft. You can use the Real Color manifest file as listed above, to see what Real Color airports you need to purchase. Or simply change the aircraft to match what real color that you already have installed

Real Color Manifest Master List_v26.xlsx

Hello, Thank you for the feedback. I have every airport and real color. Including Real Traffic, Retro, and the latest patch. What I think is my little schedule gets scrubbed after I run Real Traffic V31.

It's mainly on my GA aircraft I put different large aircraft as my GA. For instance, I use from Retro the 707. I have no idea how to change or make it show any color. It's white. Same for several other aircraft.

What I am doing is putting TIST on steroids. I have many cargo planes, but the game will limit me on aircraft size. A321's no way. But a UPS MD11 or FEDEX DC10

I can take off. B737-900 will take off, but eats the whole runway. Is there a way to tweak the A321 to accept the runway for takeoff?

But I am enjoying the high traffic of my design. Thank you for your input. I do appreciate when folks take their time to help someone out. 

Thanks to everyone with all your upgrades and tweaks that make this game so fantastic.

Retro pack liveries are tied to a plane type and airline. There is no airline in the GA schedule file. As a result, while planes. You’ll need to put the 707 and appropriate airline(s) in the commercial schedule file if you want to see a livery for it.

Takeoff and landing distance are stored internally in Real Traffic. Those parameters are static and, unfortunately, we can’t change them.

Just fyi: If you want to quickly find out if there is a livery for a certain aircraft-airline combination or for which aircraft types liveries of a certain airline (or vice versa) are available, you can use RCS (Real Color Search) of the Custom Schedule Creator. It is fast-paced and you can use it independently from the Schedule Creator itself.
https://creator.eligrim.de/rcs/

It might be handy during schedule creation as you quickly get a yes/no answer, but you lack the detailed information you find in @Pedantic G's Master List.