The simFlight Network Forums

Converting Mouse Macro into Event Variable?

John/Pete

Having had FSUIPC on my various sims over the year, I have finally upgraded from my old Saitek X45 to some proper throttle, yoke and other FS hardware and have now realised exactly how feature rich FSUIPC is and how it comes into its own in terms of custom programming of all the buttons, axes etc on the equipment.

I have worked my way through most challenges by reading the User and Advanced User Guide but am stumped with the Alt/VS inc/dec knob on the Carenado props which uses custom L;Var code and is therefore not programmable using standard P3D controls either through FSUIPC or the Honeycomb Configurator for the Bravo Throttle. I have created a mouse macro in fsuipc for the alt var inc/dec on the Carenado knob, which works, but unfortunately, the action needs to be dependent on the detent of the selector switch (ALT, VS, HDG, OBS etc) and using the mouse macro therefore causes both the ALT and whatever is selected on the selector switch to increment or decrement at the same time.

The Honeycomb Configurator provides the option for the condition of the selector switch, but you cannot reference an FSUIPC Mouse Macro as the event variable from here. Is it possible to convert the Mouse Macro into an Event Variable which the Honeycomb Configurator will recognise or is my only solution to this to use the advanced FSUIPC conditional programming to link the mouse macro to the correct detent of the selector switch (which would be more learning for me!!).

Best regards

Rob Schofield

4 hours ago, robschofield said:

but am stumped with the Alt/VS inc/dec knob on the Carenado props which uses custom L;Var code and is therefore not programmable using standard P3D controls either through FSUIPC or the Honeycomb Configurator for the Bravo Throttle.

Rob,

Not sure, why you have to use mouse macros, when the Alt/VS knob might be operated by LVars. I am not sure if you are aware, that you also can manipulate LVars in macros. So this might be an alternative to the mouse macro.

Mouse macros are fo me always the last option which I use, because you have to update all of them, if a (minor) update of the gauges is provided by the author of the plane. 

I only use th C172 from Carenado but there the AP_VS_VAR_INC / AP_VS_VAR_DEC commands work for me. Same for the AP_PITCH_REF_INC_UP / AP_PITCH_REF_INC_DN controls. I have mapped both to the same control and so I am able to control either the VS or the pitch depending on the AP mode.

Rgds
Reinhard