The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D Pro Steam Version

nrholland

I purchased the 3D Pro Steam version.  When I checked my e-mail for the link to download it all I could find was the registration number.  There was no link to download it.  Then I went back to check the shopping cart.  It said there was no download there.  So I paid for it again ($49.95) and noticed that my purchase did not show up  in the shopping cart.  

Am I missing something?  Am I doing something wrong? Let me know.  I'm not going to spend a third $49.95.

How to Download and Install a Steam game:

If Steam isn't already running then Run the Steam Client on your computer.

Choose 'Library' to see your list of games.

Choose the game you wish to install and click on it.

Choose 'Install' to install the game.

18 hours ago, nrholland said:

Obviously I have never used the steam version.  So, what is the advantage of having the steam version?  Is it worth the extra $ and effort of installing it?  Let me know.

The only benefit is if you buy airports through Steam they will auto download and install each time you reinstall the game.  But you cannot shift licenses over from stand alone to Steam.  Would be nice in the next version to either get it through the game or integrated with digital platforms across the board. 

Outside of that minor thing, as crbascott said, there is no advantage, especially if you already own it and DLC independently.  For people with libraries in digital distribution platforms it makes more sense to keep things running that way but if you are used to / own the stand alone save your money.