The simFlight Network Forums

RAW data usage for axis

Hi!

I haver huge problems when trying to calibrate my throttle axis.
For some reason I only see values that end at 654xx something when I move my axis, which means that my throttle calibrated. When I use Dview to see RAW data, my potentiometer shows up and displays very well. But it seems like FSUIPC does not use RAW data???

Why is that?

I have been looking through a lot and spent hours trying to figure it out that is why I am asking here.
How to solve this problem?

In short, how can FSUIPC be able to use RAW data input from a potentiometer and not only the strange 0 to 65xxx?

5 minutes ago, SebastianP said:

In short, how can FSUIPC be able to use RAW data input from a potentiometer and not only the strange 0 to 65xxx?

If you look in the axis assignment dialog you will see a Raw checkbox - just tick that. Please see the description if this option on P36 of the User Guide.

However, before doing that, please check the calibration of that axis both in windows (game controllers) and in FSUIPC. Also, check your throttle documentation (which throttle are you using?) - some throttles have specific calibration or software set-up that needs to be done before it can be used correctly.

You can also post your FSUIPC log file and I can take a look to see if anything looks amiss. 

Would also be useful if you would let me know which FS and FSUIPC version you are using.

John