The simFlight Network Forums

Rex weather update overspeed

Hello from the Arctic Circle

I have always been plagued by in game Rex weather overspeed so I decided to install FSUIPC4 latest version to solve this problem

but guess what.... its just as bad 🙄 really disappointed as I had hoped this would solve the problem, I was led to believe that it would solve this problem.

Hi.

38 minutes ago, spor55 said:

I have always been plagued by in game Rex weather overspeed so I decided to install FSUIPC4 latest version to solve this problem

but guess what.... its just as bad 🙄 really disappointed as I had hoped this would solve the problem, I was led to believe that it would solve this problem.

I have no idea what problem you are referring to, or why you would think that installing FSUIPC4 would solve this problem. What led you to believe it would?

John

Reading forums on the web, lots of people recommended FSUIPC4 specifically for this problem, so I just thought great I'll buy it.

When flying at FL 180-350 Rex updates every 10 mins or so, when this happens the aircraft climbs and goes into overspeed

David

1 minute ago, spor55 said:

lots of people recommended FSUIPC4 specifically for this problem

Do you have any references/links?

1 minute ago, spor55 said:

When flying at FL 180-350 Rex updates every 10 mins or so, when this happens the aircraft climbs and goes into overspeed

That sounds like a problem with Rex and I have no idea why anyone would think just installing FSUIPC would solve this issue.

Sounds like you need Rex support really...

John

Hi again, I just believed what others said and hoped it would help 🤷‍♂️  looks like i was wrong then and bought the wrong product

Avsim forum quote

" Registered version of FSUIPC allows you to set wind smoothing which will eliminate that speed fluctuation caused by FSX's weather engine.  I know it's another add-on expense but registering FSUIPC was some of the best money I ever spent for FSX.  It's too bad that microsoft has to rely on a second party developer again to fix it's problems."

Aerosoft forum quote

" This is a known issue, and it comes down to the weather engine. If you have FSUIPC, you should be sure to select wind smoothing, and also select any wind smoothing options that REX offers. "

3 minutes ago, spor55 said:

I just believed what others said and hoped it would help

Maybe it will. What wind smoothing options have you set? See the Advanced User guide for details on wind smoothing options.
May be better to ask on those posts what wind smoothing settings should be used to counter-act this problem with Rex.

John