The simFlight Network Forums

STB and P3dv5.3

holi

Hi Simon,

Are you planning an update for the V5.3?

The reason why I‘m asking are problems since I updated to 5.3 and the sim is crashing quite often with the use of STB. 

The reason is an Windows error kernel error caused by the STB.

Thank you in advance for taking care of the problem!!

Best regards!

Holger

Hi Simon,

here a few error messages shown in Windows.

Application: TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32, IntPtr)
   at LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.SimConnect.RequestDataOnSimObject(System.Enum, System.Enum, UInt32, LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_PERIOD, LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_DATA_REQUEST_FLAG, UInt32, UInt32, UInt32)
   at FLW.STB.SimConnectWrapper.SimConnectWrapper_P3D_V5.CancelFsAiCom1Updates(UInt32)
   at FLW.STB.Client.STBClient.ResetListenAI(Boolean, System.String)
   at FLW.STB.Client.STBClient.CloseFSConnection(Boolean)
   at FLW.STB.Client.STBClient.Disconnect()
   at FLW.STB.Client.ClientExceptionHandler.HandleException(ExceptionHandlerTypes, System.Exception, Boolean)
   at FLW.STB.Utilities.ExceptionHandler.<.ctor>b__2_0(System.Object, System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.OnThreadException(System.Exception)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(System.Exception)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   at STB.Launcher.Program.LoadClient(FLW.STB.Client.ClientExceptionHandler)
   at STB.Launcher.Program.Main(System.String[])

and this one,

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe, Version: 5.0.2020.29400, Zeitstempel: 0x5fa22496
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.1466, Zeitstempel: 0xe01c7650
Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000034f69
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x11f0
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d819008fbaa049
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard Client V5 for Prepar3D-V5\TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: c9421e53-7494-45b1-b4f4-7c72310ac5c6
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

I hope this is helpfull for you to track down the error.

Regards

Thanks for all the information, I think I have reproduced the problem and fixed it.  Here are the details of the hotfix:

1) Download https://www.supertrafficboard.com/downloads/temp/StbSimPlugin_P3DV53.zip

2) In Windows Explorer, navigate to where STB Client is installed (or STB Data Server if you are running on a separate PC)

3) In the STB installation folder, go into the folder "Sim Plugin"

4) There are two files in there, StbSimPlugin.dll and StbSimPlugin.dll.  Make backups of these!

5) Replace them with the same files from the zip downloaded above.

Let me know if this fixes the problem for you please, and I'll make a proper update in due course.

Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately I have no good news. 

The Sim is still crashing using the Traffic Board.

See here the Errors from the Win 10 event admin logs,

Error .Net Runtime 1026

Application: TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32, IntPtr)
   at LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.SimConnect.RequestDataOnSimObject(System.Enum, System.Enum, UInt32, LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_PERIOD, LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_DATA_REQUEST_FLAG, UInt32, UInt32, UInt32)
   at FLW.STB.SimConnectWrapper.SimConnectWrapper_P3D_V5.CancelFsAiCom1Updates(UInt32)
   at FLW.STB.Client.STBClient.ResetListenAI(Boolean, System.String)
   at FLW.STB.Client.STBClient.CloseFSConnection(Boolean)
   at FLW.STB.Client.STBClient.Disconnect()
   at FLW.STB.Client.ClientExceptionHandler.HandleException(ExceptionHandlerTypes, System.Exception, Boolean)
   at FLW.STB.Utilities.ExceptionHandler.<.ctor>b__2_0(System.Object, System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.OnThreadException(System.Exception)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(System.Exception)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   at STB.Launcher.Program.LoadClient(FLW.STB.Client.ClientExceptionHandler)
   at STB.Launcher.Program.Main(System.String[])

and the second:

Application Error  1000

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe, Version: 5.0.2020.29400, Zeitstempel: 0x5fa22496
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.1503, Zeitstempel: 0xb2acaea9
Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000034f69
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2160
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d820a917aac998
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard Client V5 for Prepar3D-V5\TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: 1280ed71-9f1f-4f75-940b-bd43a8396ac4
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

Maybe you have an idea what could be the reason.

Looking forward for a solution.

Best regards

Holi

Hi Simon,

It could be that the STB is not the culprit, as the sim itself is quiredly closing and the STB is still connected. If I try to disconnect the STB the STB is not reacting and crashes with the both error messages in the Windows event viewer.

What do you think about it??

Regards

Holi

I can't say for sure whether STB is responsible or not without seeing a trace.  However once the sim crashes, simconnect becomes corrupted and crashes which then forces the responsiveness problems and ultimately a crash into STB.  It's possible the sim crashes for some other reason which in turn causes STB problems.

Hi Simon,

Just to let you know, with the Files you sent me earlier I do not have constant crashes of the Traffic Board, so it was more related to the P3dv5.

The only anoying problem of the STB, is the problem with the „view AI“ which I described in the other  topic. Strange is that I never had the problem with any!! earlier P3dv5 Version. Your STB was exactly doing what it was supposed to do. Always the correct Aircraft was showing which was selected with „view Ai“.
The problem I have only with the latest HF 3 of P3dv5 and I‘m not the only one, my friend has exact the same problem.

Best Regards!

Holi

Hi Holi

Thank you for the feedback.  It is difficult to know what to do about View AI, but if you can to set up a verbose trace, reproduce the problem and send me the trace file I'll see if there is anything that can be done.

Thanks
Simon

• 2 weeks later...

I checked the trace and STB seems to be doing the right thing.  To investigate in more detail, I made some changes in STB to further check the logic.  This will not change the operation, just record more information about it.  If you wish, please do the following:

1) Download https://www.supertrafficboard.com/downloads/temp/Release.zip

2) In your STB install folder, make backup copies of FSObjects.dll and FSObjects.pdb

3) Unzip Release.zip, and move the two files to your STB install folder

4) Start STB and configure the verbose trace again

5) Turn on the FS ID column and sort your display using that column

6) Perform View AI for both an aircraft near the top and an aircraft near the bottom

7) Close STB and send me the trace file

So far it all worked perfectly for me, which does not help you I know but just points to some problem in Prepar3D.

Thanks, Simon

Hi Simon,

Good News about "View AI" !

I did alot of tests and it is about 99,8% working as expected.

So I´m satisfied with the last mod you made.

I´m very happy as the STB is my daily working tool for the development of AITraffic.

Thank you very much!

Best regards!!!!

Holi