The simFlight Network Forums

Landing Aircraft Stop After Turning Off Runway

CXDriver227

Most (not all) of my landing aircraft stop after turning off of the runway despite me already giving them "Taxi to ramp" or "Continue Taxi" instructions (which they acknowledge). Am I doing something wrong, or in the wrong order? I have tried giving them instructions before and after they have exited the runway. This happens at all of the fields I own (KLAX, KPHL, KATL). Any guidance would be appreciated!

12 hours ago, CXDriver227 said:

Most (not all) of my landing aircraft stop after turning off of the runway despite me already giving them "Taxi to ramp" or "Continue Taxi" instructions (which they acknowledge). Am I doing something wrong, or in the wrong order? I have tried giving them instructions before and after they have exited the runway. This happens at all of the fields I own (KLAX, KPHL, KATL). Any guidance would be appreciated!

Welcome to Tower!3D Pro. Unfortunately, you are experiencing one of the most prevalent bugs/"features" of this game - planes slowing to a crawl and stopping after landing. I wrote two posts 4+ years ago dissecting the anatomy of a landing. The highlights are as follows:

(1) Touch down - this is the point where the plane altitude and tilt is zero. All planes hit the same spot, but, obviously, at different speeds. 
(2) Slow down to 44 knots - after touch down planes begin the slowdown process to 44 knots
(3) Successful landing - after reaching 44 knots planes travel a little further down the runway and the successful landing message is displayed.
(4) Begin slowing down to 19 knots - planes maintain 45-48 knots until it is time to slow down to taxiing speed (19 knots) in preparation to exit the runway. 
(5) At 19 knots - after reaching 19 knots planes maintain this speed until exiting the runway and eventually come to a complete stop in preparation of taxiing to the ramp.

After dealing with the slowing and stopping, we then have to deal with another baffling feature. We don't know the actual gate for the plane until after we issue a taxi to apron/ramp/terminal command. I'll never understand the reasoning/logic behind this.