The simFlight Network Forums

STB P3dv5 "View AI" - Aircraft

holi

Hi Simon,

As I wrote in the other Topic about the crash of STB Client 5.0.2020.30900 in P3dv5 HF3, Inow have a other Problem and opened a new topic to get not confused with the oter thread.

Something must be wrong with the Camera setting of the "View AI" module. All other camera views like "rear view" or "Body views" are working as supposed!

If I choose an aircraft at the Airport I ´m just parking very often it is an wrong aircraft miles away at a different Airport. Its about 50% that this happens. I had never an problem to choose an Aircraft with the Traffic Board.

If I use the P3dv5 Camera and choose an Aircraft I want to follow its always a match! 

Any ideas??

Thank you for looking into the matter!

Regards

Holi

The default View AI uses a legacy interface from FSX days which is designed for interactive use rather than program use.  The idea is you ask P3D for a list of aircraft, find the one you are interested in, then send in as many "switch to next AI aircract view" commands as is necessary to get to the aircraft in the list.  Problem is, because simconnect is asynchronous (and rightly so for everything else), the list may have changed internally by the time the simulator gets around to honouring the switch commands.

I've asked for a better interface on multiple occasions since 2008 but sorry to say non have been forthcoming, so this is working as best as it can.

The other views use purpose built interfaces from Lockheed Martin and are much more reliable.

Simon