The simFlight Network Forums

Axes and button assignments Saitek throttles swapped

Hello all, 

Today I encountered a rather strange issue that I cannot understand. Recently I have bought a second Saitek USB throttle because I want to replace my Saitek yoke. The original Saitek TQ comes with a PS2 connector and connects to the yoke. Since it has no HID interface, it must be connected to the yoke therefore, with a new yoke, that first TQ is useless to me. The new TQ (which I call TQ3 from now) replaced TQ1. So in my setup I have TQ2 to the left and TQ3 (which was TQ1) to the right. 

I use FSUIPC to assign and calibrate axes and buttons to both yokes. TQ2 orinigally was designated device 0 by FSUIPC and the new TQ3 was designated device 7.

Today I wanted to make a flight  in the PMDG NGXu (second with the new TQ setup) and I noticed that my Spoiler axis (labeled 0X) now controlled my throttle 2 axis (which used to be 7X). Both the -X axes control the left lever axis on both TQ's and for some reason FSUIPC has swapped around the device designations TQ2 now is device 7 and TQ3 is device 2. This happened completely by itself without changing anything manually. So all two left axes have swapped, the two middle and the right axes. The same for the buttons.

Is there a particular reason why these two devices get swapped around? I am really interested to learn what might cause it so I can prevent it from happening again. 

Thanks in advance for all the information you can give me.

For additional clarity and information I have added my log file.FSUIPC6.1.log

14 hours ago, pijnackerpilot said:

Is there a particular reason why these two devices get swapped around? I am really interested to learn what might cause it so I can prevent it from happening again. 

Generally due to a windows update or change. It shouldn't cause any issues if you are using the JoyLetters facility - if not, you should use that (see the user Guide).

You can get your original settings back by editing your FSUIPC6.ini file - I can help with this if needed, but it is a lot easier if you are using the JoyLetters facility.

14 hours ago, pijnackerpilot said:

For additional clarity and information I have added my log file

That just shows devices with ids 0 through to 3 (4 devices) were acquired for use.