The simFlight Network Forums

Tower! 3D Pro Not Working On New Computer

nrholland

My old Windows 10 computer died on me.  So I ordered a new Dell computer with Windows 10 Pro. I did that hoping that Tower 3D Pro would work on it.  I've installed the main game with new add-on except for the 3 pack of real color and real traffic.

I try starting the game up and it shows the initial screen for about two seconds than it kicks me off back to my desktop.  I don't understand why it won't work considering that I had no problems with it running on the old computer with Windows 10.

Can someone help me?  I really want to get this sim running.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

I must have done something wrong trying to put this patch into the main folder where the startup for Tower 3D is usually placed.  After I overwrote the original startup with the patch I now get the following message: "Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).
Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching
editor and platform support versions."  So what have I done wrong this time? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Sorry to bother you people with this.

I haven't tried the patch yet. But hopefully that will work. My new computer is in the shop right now because I had problems trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 pro. So it might be a few days before I even able to try the patch. Don't ask me how I messed my computer up which is brand new. It's a long story. 🤪

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have tried everything.  I downloaded the patch, put it in my default folder, turned wifi off, and nothing happens.  I still get the same message as before "Failed to load player settings..."  I know Tower 3D won't work on Windows 11.  That's why I bought a Windows 10 Pro computer.  I wanted to play Tower 3D on it.

If anyone has any other ideas I'm open to suggestions.  Thank you.  My default folder is program files (x86).

I tried it with both wifi on and wifi off.

When I get home tonight from work I'm going to install WinZip into my computer. I'm going to take the patch and unzip it into my main folder where I have the sim. Maybe that will do it. I probably should have done it a long time ago.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 2:00 PM, nrholland said:

I know Tower 3D won't work on Windows 11.  That's why I bought a Windows 10 Pro computer. 

Just had to comment that it (3D Pro) runs fine on my Win 11.   Zero issues from day 1 on my new pc - I didn't even realise this [potential issue] was a thing.  (Steam version of base + all real color and airports direct from Feelthere)

• Upvote 1