The simFlight Network Forums

Graphical technical reference diagrams of offset values for hardware and aircraft instruments

smoothchat

Does anyone know of any collection of graphical illustrations to help identify instrument switch and annunciator offsets?

Looking through huge lists to find a switch offset for hardware or for an aircraft panel seems like a very long winded way to do it.

Like many people, I'll  be focusing on getting my aging devices working with MSFS and planes like the a32nx and PMDG737

My first challenge will be the VRInsight 737 Overhead Panel.  An upcoming update to SPAD.next will take care of the hardware end, but as for identifying every switch and annunciator of the aircraft overhead, if someone has already created a graphical reference, the job would be much easier.  If not, I'll create one and post to help others in the future.

Edited by smoothchat

• smoothchat changed the title to Graphical technical reference diagrams of offset values for hardware and aircraft instruments
8 hours ago, smoothchat said:

Looking through huge lists to find a switch offset for hardware or for an aircraft panel seems like a very long winded way to do it.

Try searching for relevant key words...

I'll  be focusing on getting my aging devices working with MSFS and planes like the a32nx and PMDG737

For the A32NX (Asobo and FBW - the latter is more functional....) try the MobiFlight HubHob site to see what presets are available (https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/). MobiFlight presets are directly assignable in the latest FSUIPC7 release, v7.2.16. The PMDG 737 for MSFS has still not been released, as far as I am aware... 

My first challenge will be the VRInsight 737 Overhead Panel. 

See Appendix 3 in the Advanced User Guide 'Handling VRInsight serial devices in FSUIPC' and the document Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf if you want to use FSUIPC for this device.

John

Thanks John.  Lots of very good info.  Thanks.

FYI: I found this site that has a very good graphical reference for the a32nx ..  https://docs.flybywiresim.com/pilots-corner/a32nx-briefing/flight-deck/

Cheers and thanks for a great product. So many of us would have $$$ worth of hardware sitting useless without FSUIPC

Edited by smoothchat