The simFlight Network Forums

ProSim A320 / Skalarki ACP PTT

Hello Folks

I have been told it's possible to create an offset for ProSim A320 to be able to use the Skalarki ACP PTT toggle, as ProSim hasn't implemented this yet.

I am trying to find the way to do this and so far can't find a solution to getting FSUIPC to do Offset to Keypress. I see there may be a need for a lua, which I'm reasonably happy with doing, but I don't know how else to get the offset setup in ProSim and FSUIPC.

Some help would be really appreciated.

Best regards,

Paul

40 minutes ago, AlphaTech said:

so far can't find a solution to getting FSUIPC to do Offset to Keypress.

Assign to one of the Offset XXX XXX controls. There are many - use the one for the size of the offset you want to affect (Byte, Word, etc), and what you want to change (eg. set, toggle, etc).

John

John

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I do appreciate you're busy, and perhaps I should have been more descriptive about what I needed, but I need more than that to make what I need; I know very little about offsets.

I searched here but can't find any other threads, maybe you know a thread where this has been done, or similar?

Best

Paul

2 hours ago, AlphaTech said:

I know very little about offsets.

And I know nothing about 'Skalarki ACP', and not that much about ProSim. I was just explaining how to control/set/toggle an offset value from a key press. What that offset does, or how to set that up, is a different question, which I can't really help with. Maybe ask on 'Skalari' forums or Prosim forums.

There are some PTT controls (1001, 1002), but these are documented for use with Squawbox 3, Roger Wilco or AVC (Adcanced Voice Client). Google gives results for similar questions but no answer:
    https://forum.prosim-ar.com/viewtopic.php?t=11961
    https://skalarki-electronics.com/en/lassistance/acp-rad-switch.html

You also don't say what FS or version of FSUIPC you are using, which is always needed...

John

Later: maybe @Pete Dowson can help you with PTT in ProSim...

Thanks John

@Pete Dowson Any advice here? I saw you mentioning something about a LUA script on another thread, but I can't find it now! 

I understand you run ProSim737, but I am sure the idea is similar if you can help. The gate is available in ProSimA320 but I need to understand how to assign an offset to a keypress in that way.

Best,

Paul

I think you are confusing things a bit.... a key press to change an offset is straight forward. The difficult part is connecting the offset to the PTT toggle.  But what is handling the PTT? Surely not ProSim - that is an aircraft, not an ATC program...

And, as I said, I don't know what 'Skalarki ACP' is - is that is what you use to activate PTT, then maybe ask them to help you to configure?

Or are you using P2ATC and want to configure with that?

• 1 month later...

Hi John

I have a similar problem like Paul. I use vPilot and can trigger its PTT function with any key or button programmed with FSUIPC ("PTT transmit on/off"). But I have an external mixed PTT switch circuitry (in total 8 switches  in my B737 cockpit) and read the result with a separate program (SC-Pascal). This program allows me to change any offset in FSUIPC. But I don't know which offset I must change. How must I address the special 1001 and 1002 offsets, when I don't have buttons or keys? Or is it necessary to use a key inbetween? Many thanks for any help.

Urs

3 hours ago, Alpin-Flier said:

This program allows me to change any offset in FSUIPC. But I don't know which offset I must change. How must I address the special 1001 and 1002 offsets, when I don't have buttons or keys? Or is it necessary to use a key inbetween? Many thanks for any help.

1001 and 1002 are additional FS controls added by FSUIPC (see Advanced User guide, not offsets. And I don't think they will work with vPilot. You can assign the key in vPilot to PTT, and then write to an offset to send the assigned key press. The controls for this are 1071 (Key Press/Hold) and 1072 (Key Release), or maybe 1070 (Key Press and Release) - again, see the Advanced User guide for details. To send any control to the FS using offsets, you use offset 0x3110 (See the Offset status document for this). Alternatively, you can send key presses via offset 0x3200 instead.

John

• Thanks 1

Hi John

Thank you very much for your answer. I have solved the problem with your most estimated help. You are right, controls (of course!) 1001 and 1002 cannot trigger the vPilot. First I did not realise that, because I triggered these controls with a yoke button and made then vPilot synchronise to the buttonpress. It worked, but not due to the controls, but to the button itself remembered by vPilot!

So I created a new script snippet in SC-Pascal, very simple and working fine (input 59 is my PTT input):

if input=59 then begin                  // *** PTT
      WriteFSUIPC($3114,4,84);              // parameter "T"
      WriteFSUIPC($3110,4,1071+value);      // push or release "T"
    end;           

First the parameter "T" is written. Then the control is sent, depending on the input value (0 or 1), to 1071 resp. 1072. By the way, 1070 does not work, because it holds the PTT active only for about 1 sec., independent from the input return.

If we know how, life can be very simple, isn't it? Thank you again for your great help and all the best

Urs