The simFlight Network Forums

MakeRwys error

After reading manual I ran the MakeRwys.exe file and got error message make runways failed to make fstartrc rws file. I ran it as Administrator. But I ran without Admin rights, and it was fine. Why the manual says Must be run as Administrator?

34 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

After reading manual I ran the MakeRwys.exe file and got error message make runways failed to make fstartrc rws file.

Just that one file? The others were okay? I'd need to se the Runways.txt file to understand why.

35 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I ran it as Administrator. But I ran without Admin rights, and it was fine. Why the manual says Must be run as Administrator?

Because access is needed to folders in your system which are normally protected. In particular, the Lorby scanning utility used for P3D must run with Admin rights.

If it works without that, fine, but in that case it must run with admin rights -- they don't reduce capabilities! Quite the reverse.

If you want further help you need to specify version numbers -- MakeRwys version AND sim version (FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX, FSX-SE, P3D1,2,3,4,5 or MSFS).

Pete

Just ran the MakeRways inn P3Dv4.5 again but without Admin Rights and attached the Runways.txt for analysis.

If I run the MakeRways again WITH Admin Rights, it appears the error in question.

Any ideas, to give another try or simply leave it alone?

Due to the filesize I can't attached it here to go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NDgpybnScs8ekgjTfRiiNvsvfv4Yr-Ep/view?usp=sharing

Please, let me know and thanks for your Support.

I wonder how MakeRwys couldn't run with Admin Rights. After running just fine without Admin Rights, I can see a line: ... ERROR: failed to run Lorby program, error=740!.

This occurs with P3Dv4 only. (FSX and P3Dv5 run just fine.)

Here I posted the beginning of the contents:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make Runways File: Version 5.13 by Pete Dowson
FS version code =#5
Using "LorbySceneryExport.exe MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg"
... ERROR: failed to run Lorby program, error=740!
Reading Prepar3D v4 scenery:
The CFG file being used is: "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SCENERY.CFG"
486 scenery layers to be processed

=============================================================================

10 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Just ran the MakeRways inn P3Dv4.5 again but without Admin Rights and attached the Runways.txt for analysis.

If I run the MakeRways again WITH Admin Rights, it appears the error in question.

Any ideas, to give another try or simply leave it alone?

It looks like there's some sort of corruption which is causing the LorbySceneryExport program to fail to read the P3D4 add-ons.cfg files it needs to in order to find all the AddOn sceneries installed via XML files in your P3D add-ons folder (in your Documents). There should be one in you ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder and another in your users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder. The resulting MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg file is either empty, or in error:

LorbySceneryExport executed: Checking for "MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg"
The CFG file being used is: "D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg"
0 scenery layers to be processed

When you run without Admin rights, LorbySceneryExport cannot run. This is the error:

... ERROR: failed to run Lorby program, error=740!
The CFG file being used is: "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SCENERY.CFG"
486 scenery layers to be processed

So MakeRwys has to revert to only using the Scenery.CFG file. This means that any and all add-on sceneries which install via the Add-On.xml method are omitted from the scan.

Please run with Admin rights again, and show me the resulting MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg which you''ll find in the P3D folder.

You should also run Lorby's AddonOrganizer program and check that it shows all you sceneries okay.

The addons method is not used by FSX, and your P3Dv5 installation must be okay,

Pete

Ran MakeRwys again and Success! I guess now is OK?

Make Runways File: Version 5.13 by Pete Dowson
FS version code =#5
LorbySceneryExport executed: Checking for "MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg"
The CFG file being used is: "D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg"
680 scenery layers to be processed

=============================================================================

I found an incomplete Area scenery lines from Scenery cfg file.