The simFlight Network Forums

Permanently removing default profiles etc.

DCA996

I am trying to use FSUIPC with MSFS however every time that I start MSFS the default control profiles are loaded. I created new , empty, profiles and save them, make other changes in the options area, but every time I load MSFS the default profiles are there and the music is back to 100%.

How do I get the changes made to 'stick' so that the only controls are those set up in FSUIPC7?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, DCA996 said:

however every time that I start MSFS the default control profiles are loaded.

Do you mean MSFS profiles? MFS should start with the previous profile you used for each controller. If its not doing that, I don't know why and can't really advise - maybe ask on the Asobo/MSFS forums.

John

Thanks for the reply John. Yes, in order to use the FSUIPC settings without interference from MSFS, I clear all of the default settings for my Saitek Yoke and throttle Quadrants, leaving them saved with empty profiles. However, each time I start MSFS the default profiles appear again and the recently saved empty profiles are not there to select.  I don't know where MSFS saves the revised profiles and wondered if these are being overwritten on start up?

1 hour ago, DCA996 said:

I clear all of the default settings for my Saitek Yoke and throttle Quadrants, leaving them saved with empty profiles. However, each time I start MSFS the default profiles appear again and the recently saved empty profiles are not there to select.

You should create a new profile, not clear the default profiles. If you create a new profile for each device it will be empty (by default), and if set for your devices/controllers it should load again the next time you restart MSFS.

John