The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 6 KEY ASSIGNMENTS

Hi Everyone,

I am running P3D v 4.5 and flying a Quality Wings 787.

I am running into issues trying to assign a few switches to various functions.

I am trying to assign switches to:

Landing Lights

IRS Left

IRS Right

And a few others. I have assigned some switches using FSUIPC 6 FS functions but not all are listed.

I have come across more advanced features of assignments using the numbered tables and I can use these but they still dont seem to work correctly.

I have also come across LVARS for I dont know how to assign switches using tags such as QW_OH_LDG_LEFT_SWITCH.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in anticipation

Kind regards

Alan Hill

Quite a few add-on aircraft don't use the standard controls...For such aircraft, you need to look into custom control, if provided (although I don't think there are any for the QW 787), lvars or mouse macros.

11 hours ago, hillbilly20 said:

I have also come across LVARS for I dont know how to assign switches using tags such as QW_OH_LDG_LEFT_SWITCH.

The easiest way to assign to change/set/toggle an lvar is to use a macro file. See section Gauge local variable access (L:vars), by macro on page 39 of the Advanced User guide. You should try lvars first for the functions you want to implement, if there are suitably named lvars. Otherwise, you can try with a mouse macro.

John

Thanks for taking the time to respond John.

I have had a look at the reference, I am a bit baffled at how this all fits together. I havent done much of this before and so its a bit beyond me. Is there some sort of tutorial on how to use LVARS? I am not sure if actions are done in FSUIPC or somewhere else or what. Sorry to inconvenience you - I thought switch assignment would be simple but its not proving to be so lol.

Regards

Alan Hill

What are you finding baffling? Just create a macro file (e.g. QW787.mcro) in your FSUIPC6 installation folder. Add the following entry:
     1=L:QW_OH_LDG_LEFT_SWITCH=Toggle
You will then see that entry in the assignments control drop-down where you can assign to a button. It really isn't that difficult...

John