The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC6 can not be installed in C:\User\..\Document\

I don't know but you should not install FSUIPC under your Documents folder. Please select a folder not under a windows protected folder.

4 minutes ago, yindengxie said:

Windows 10, P3D v5, FSUIPC6 v6.0.11 

Only the latest version of FSUIPC6 is supported, which is v6.1.8. Please update.

Any further issues with installation, please attach your InstallFSUIPC6.log file.

John

1 hour ago, yindengxie said:

If I do not install FSUIPC under my Documents folder. How to P3D v5 to find the add_on? 

The installer will (or should) still create an add-on.xml file under your Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder (under an FSUIPC6 folder). The actual FSUIPC6 installation folder should reside elsewhere, and not under a windows-protected folder. Try installing under C:\FSUIPC6 or C:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6.

Before, I have been installed them in C:\User\..\Document\   

No problem!

Today, I am first to meet the problem.

Windows updates can affect the behaviour of these folders, especially with the use of cloud back-up services, such as OneDrive, which microsoft seem to be pushing quite aggresively.

Windows 10, P3D v5, FSUIPC6 v6.0.11 

As I have said, the latest version is 6.1.8, and ONLY the latest version is supported. Please download and install the latest version in a non-windows protected folder. If you have any issues after doing this, please attach your InstallFSUIPC6.log file.

John

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, aalghamdi14 said:

I have the same problem with latest version 6.1.9 with p3d v5.3, and I can't find fsuipc v6.1.9 in my pc at all.

so what is the problem?

I don't know - what exactly is your problem? If its an installation issue, please show me your InstallFSUIPC6.log file.
As indicated in this post, do not try and install under your Windows Documents folder (or any Windows-protected folder).

Beware that if u have windows 10 there are 2 documents folders, i had it also in the past, where i have the ordinary Documents folder and one in users/name/documents.

installation of fsuipc was all the time in users/name/documents, so nothing registered in the sim.

it took a long time before i was aware of this issue.

ps like John said that OneDrive thing messed with al those folders

• 1 month later...

I'm facing the same problem. The installer closed by itself after entering the installation page. The green loading bar ran up to around 15% and the installer closed by itself without progressing further. 

Where are you trying to install FSUIPC6? Check that you are not trying to install into a windows protected folder.
Also, check your VC++ redistributables are up-to-date.

If you get the same issue, try installing again without selecting the 'add-on.xml' component.

Thank you for the reply

That's correct, I was trying to install FSUIPC 6. 

Update:

Somehow I got it working by deselecting  "add-on.xml". The "Document" folder that you can find the FSUIPC Folder is under the "User" file, which is different from the one that you'd usually access your P3D addons. 

14 minutes ago, Taz said:

Somehow I got it working by deselecting  "add-on.xml".

This indicates that, when selecting to install the "add-on.xml" component, there is an issue writing to your Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder.

16 minutes ago, Taz said:

The "Document" folder that you can find the FSUIPC Folder is under the "User" file, which is different from the one that you'd usually access your P3D addons. 

The documents for FSUIPC6 should be installed under a Documents\FSUIPC6 - do you have them installed there?

John

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. Using Windows 11 with all system updates to date and P3d V5.3.

Downloaded FSUIPC6 V6.1.9  and tried to install it to a folder where I have full access rights using the Add-on.xml method. The installer launches ans shows the progress bar with "saving add-on.xml..." without any further progress. After about 5 seconds, the installation window dissapears without throwing any messages. No logs are generated.

When I chose to install using the FSUIPC6.dll method, the installation completes successfully; however, when I view the FSUIPC plugin, it does not have any options for configuration.

All I want is to properly configure my ThrustMaster TCA Boeing throttles.

Any ideas?

14 minutes ago, khalilio said:

Downloaded FSUIPC6 V6.1.9  and tried to install it to a folder where I have full access rights using the Add-on.xml method.

The add-on.xml file is created in a fixed location, regardless of where you select to install FSUIPC6. It is always created under your windows Documents folder, under Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6.

The installer launches ans shows the progress bar with "saving add-on.xml..." without any further progress. After about 5 seconds, the installation window dissapears without throwing any messages. No logs are generated.

Then this sounds like either Windows or maybe some other anti-virus software is preventing the installer from creating the necessary folder and/or file. You can either stick to the DLL.xml method, or try manually creating the add-in.xml file in the correct location (and removing the DLL.xml file or the FSUIPC entry in that file). The file contents are as follows (change the Path to point to your installation folder):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4.0" id="add-on">
	<AddOn.Name>FSUIPC6</AddOn.Name>
	<AddOn.Description>Flight Simulator Universal Inter-Process Communication version 6</AddOn.Description>
	<AddOn.Component>
		<Category>DLL</Category>
		<Path>D:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6\FSUIPC6.dll</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

when I view the FSUIPC plugin, it does not have any options for configuration.

Then no license file (FSUIPC6.key) was found in your installation folder. Re-run the installer and make sure that you register at the end of the installation process. Or, if you have previously registered, you cam copy/move your FSUIPC6.key file to your new installation folder.

John

P.S. If using OneDrive, that could be interfering. Try disabling that while you install...

Edited by John Dowson
PS added

On 8/1/2022 at 1:57 PM, John Dowson said:

The add-on.xml file is created in a fixed location, regardless of where you select to install FSUIPC6. It is always created under your windows Documents folder, under Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6.

Then this sounds like either Windows or maybe some other anti-virus software is preventing the installer from creating the necessary folder and/or file. You can either stick to the DLL.xml method, or try manually creating the add-in.xml file in the correct location (and removing the DLL.xml file or the FSUIPC entry in that file). The file contents are as follows (change the Path to point to your installation folder):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4.0" id="add-on">
	<AddOn.Name>FSUIPC6</AddOn.Name>
	<AddOn.Description>Flight Simulator Universal Inter-Process Communication version 6</AddOn.Description>
	<AddOn.Component>
		<Category>DLL</Category>
		<Path>D:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6\FSUIPC6.dll</Path>
	</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Then no license file (FSUIPC6.key) was found in your installation folder. Re-run the installer and make sure that you register at the end of the installation process. Or, if you have previously registered, you cam copy/move your FSUIPC6.key file to your new installation folder.

John

P.S. If using OneDrive, that could be interfering. Try disabling that while you install...

Thank you so much for your help. Unfortunately, this did not help.

I uninstalled OneDrive, uninstalled P3D and re-installed it again; but still no joy.

Am still unable to install using the xml method, and when I install using the dll method I still can't see the tabs in the Add On. I have registered the product at the end of the installation, and the key file is already located in the correct folder.

Make sure that you have not installed FSUIPC6 under your windows Documents folder, or in any other Windows protected folder. If you have, re-install into a different location. Any further questions, please attach your InstallFSUIPC6.log file as well as your FSUIPC6.log file.

John

• 5 months later...

First, you ran the installer from within the zip file:

Running in folder 'C:\Users\Larry London\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp2_FSUIPC6.zip\FSUIPC6'

This invariable causes issues. You need to extract the contents of the zip file first, before running the installer.

Then, when you install, please choose a non-windows protected folder, so not under Program Files (where you installed) and not under Documents - as I said above:

On 5/4/2022 at 3:40 PM, John Dowson said:

The installer will (or should) still create an add-on.xml file under your Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder (under an FSUIPC6 folder). The actual FSUIPC6 installation folder should reside elsewhere, and not under a windows-protected folder. Try installing under C:\FSUIPC6 or C:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6.

Try uninstalling FSUIPC6 before installing again (after extracting!), using the uninstaller in the FSUIPC6 installation folder:  C:\Program Files\FSUIPC\uninstallFSUIPC6.exe

John

Is there an FSUIPC6.log and FSUIPC6.ini file in your installation folder (C:\FSUIPC6\)? If so, please show them to me.

If the menu entry is there but the FSUIPC main window isn't being displayed, I can only think that it is being displayed outside your screen coordinates. Can you see it if you hover over the P3D task-bar icon? If you have a size/position instruction in your FSUIPC6.ini, which will be the ini parameter Window under [General], then remove that and try again.

John