The simFlight Network Forums

A32NX Keyboard shortcut

tekbir

10 hours ago, tekbir said:

Which fbw a32nx version does fsuipc7 work with

FSUIPC7 is aircraft agnostic - it just provides access to the events and simulator variables (A:vars, L:vars) and allows you to execute calculator code on the FS.

10 hours ago, tekbir said:

how do I set keyboard presses to for example turn on battery 1?

Assign your key press to the function that performs that operation. For the FBW (and many aircraft) where many standard controls don't work, you can search for a preset that implements the function using the MobiFlight HubHop resource:  https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/.
Looking at that, I can see OVHD ELEC BATTERY 1 TOGGLE preset which is listed for the FBW dev version of the A320. You can assign to that using the control 'Preset: OVHD ELEC BATTERY 1 TOGGLE'.

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

FSUIPC7 is aircraft agnostic - it just provides access to the events and simulator variables (A:vars, L:vars) and allows you to execute calculator code on the FS.

Assign your key press to the function that performs that operation. For the FBW (and many aircraft) where many standard controls don't work, you can search for a preset that implements the function using the MobiFlight HubHop resource:  https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/.
Looking at that, I can see OVHD ELEC BATTERY 1 TOGGLE preset which is listed for the FBW dev version of the A320. You can assign to that using the control 'Preset: OVHD ELEC BATTERY 1 TOGGLE'.

So do I need to install Mobiflighjt to export the presets or...?  ( I am ultra confused 😄 )

36 minutes ago, tekbir said:

So do I need to install Mobiflighjt to export the presets or...? 

No. FSUIPC7 includes the MobiFlight preset list (events.txt file) and all presets execute calculator code which is handled by the FSUIPC WASM module.
A preset is just a name assigned to a calculator code string. You can also define your own presets in a file called myevents.txt. FSUIPC7 presets can also be parameterized (i.e. accept a parameter) which the MF ones don't.

This doesn't prevent you using the MobiFlight WASM module if you want to to down that route. To use the MobiFlight WASM module with FSUIPC7, you would use event files (*.evt, included in the EventFiles folder of your FSUIPC7 installation folder) to make the events known to FSUIPC7. However, I think its simpler and more efficient to use presets these days rather than the event files, and you don't need to install the MF WASM module for this.

John

37 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

No. FSUIPC7 includes the MobiFlight preset list (events.txt file) and all presets execute calculator code which is handled by the FSUIPC WASM module.
A preset is just a name assigned to a calculator code string. You can also define your own presets in a file called myevents.txt. FSUIPC7 presets can also be parameterized (i.e. accept a parameter) which the MF ones don't.

This doesn't prevent you using the MobiFlight WASM module if you want to to down that route. To use the MobiFlight WASM module with FSUIPC7, you would use event files (*.evt, included in the EventFiles folder of your FSUIPC7 installation folder) to make the events known to FSUIPC7. However, I think its simpler and more efficient to use presets these days rather than the event files, and you don't need to install the MF WASM module for this.

John

So if I understood correctly, all of the presets are already in fsuipc, i just need to go to assignments, key presses, and assign the key to the function?

12 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Yes - try assigning the key press to Preset: OVHD ELEC BATTERY 1 TOGGLE, as I suggested.

Do i have to add the preset in the events.txt or...? And how would I do so? Because I cannot find the preset to assign it.

Edited by tekbir

13 minutes ago, tekbir said:

Do i have to add the preset in the events.txt or...?

No. You shouldn't change that file as any changes would be lost when you update FSUIPC7. You can use the myevents.txt file to add your own presets.

14 minutes ago, tekbir said:

Because I cannot find the preset to assign it.

Yes - there seems to be a mismatch between the preset list in the MF HubHop site and the actual presets in the events.txt file. Just took a look at the events.txt file, and the preset is there but called A32NX_OH_ELEC_BAT1_TOG, so first try Preset: A32NX_OH_ELEC_BAT1_TOG. If that doesn't work, create a myevents.txt file and add the following line:

OVHD_ELEC_BATTERY_1_TOGGLE#(L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_1_PB_IS_AUTO, Bool) ! (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_1_PB_IS_AUTO) (L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT1_Pressed) ! (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT1_Pressed)

Not sure why there is a mismatch. The events.txt file will be slightly out-of-date, but that preset is dated 11/9/2021 which is well before I updated the events.txt file included with FSUIPC7 - I update this on each release of FSUIPC7. 

I've just downloaded the latest events file and this seems to have been corrected, and also includes some new presets:

//Fly By Wire/A320-Dev/Electrical
FORCE_OVHD_ELEC_BATTERTY_1_OFF#0 (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_1_PB_IS_AUTO) 0 (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT1_Pressed) 
FORCE_OVHD_ELEC_BATTERTY_1_ON#1 (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_1_PB_IS_AUTO) 1 (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT1_Pressed)
FORCE_OVHD_ELEC_BATTERTY_2_OFF#0 (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_2_PB_IS_AUTO) 0 (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT2_Pressed)
FORCE_OVHD_ELEC_BATTERTY_2_ON#1 (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_2_PB_IS_AUTO) 1 (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT2_Pressed)
OVHD_ELEC_BATTERY_2_TOGGLE#(L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_2_PB_IS_AUTO, Bool) ! (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_2_PB_IS_AUTO) (L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT2_Pressed) ! (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT2_Pressed)
OVHD_ELEC_AC_ESS_FEED_TOGGLE#(L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_AC_ESS_FEED_PB_IS_NORMAL, bool) ! (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_AC_ESS_FEED_PB_IS_NORMAL, bool)
OVHD_ELEC_APU_GEN_TOGGLE#1 (>K:APU_GENERATOR_SWITCH_TOGGLE) (L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_APUGEN_Pressed) ! (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_APUGEN_Pressed)
OVHD_ELEC_BATTERY_1_TOGGLE#(L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_1_PB_IS_AUTO, Bool) ! (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_1_PB_IS_AUTO) (L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT1_Pressed) ! (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT1_Pressed)
OVHD_ELEC_COMMERCIAL_TOGGLE#(L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_COMMERCIAL_PB_IS_ON, bool) ! (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_COMMERCIAL_PB_IS_ON)
OVHD_ELEC_EXT_PWR_TOGGLE#(A:EXTERNAL POWER AVAILABLE:1,bool) (A:EXTERNAL POWER ON:1,bool) ! and if{ 1 (>K:TOGGLE_EXTERNAL_POWER) } els{ (A:EXTERNAL POWER ON:1,bool) if{ 1 (>K:TOGGLE_EXTERNAL_POWER) } }
OVHD_ELEC_GALY_AND_CAB_TOGGLE#(L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_GALY_AND_CAB_PB_IS_AUTO, bool) ! (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_GALY_AND_CAB_PB_IS_AUTO, bool)
OVHD_ELEC_GEN1_TOGGLE#(>K:TOGGLE_ALTERNATOR1) (L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_GEN1_Pressed) ! (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_GEN1_Pressed)
OVHD_ELEC_GEN2_TOGGLE#(>K:TOGGLE_ALTERNATOR2) (L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_GEN2_Pressed) ! (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_GEN2_Pressed)
Overhead_Elec_Bus_Tie_Auto_Toggle#(L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BUS_TIE_PB_IS_AUTO, bool) ! (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BUS_TIE_PB_IS_AUTO)

So I would use this latest events.txt file, attached below.

John

events.txt

31 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

No. You shouldn't change that file as any changes would be lost when you update FSUIPC7. You can use the myevents.txt file to add your own presets.

Yes - there seems to be a mismatch between the preset list in the MF HubHop site and the actual presets in the events.txt file. Just took a look at the events.txt file, and the preset is there but called A32NX_OH_ELEC_BAT1_TOG, so first try Preset: A32NX_OH_ELEC_BAT1_TOG. If that doesn't work, create a myevents.txt file and add the following line:

Not sure why there is a mismatch. The events.txt file will be slightly out-of-date, but that preset is dated 11/9/2021 which is well before I updated the events.txt file included with FSUIPC7 - I update this on each release of FSUIPC7. 

I've just downloaded the latest events file and this seems to have been corrected, and also includes some new presets:

//Fly By Wire/A320-Dev/Electrical
FORCE_OVHD_ELEC_BATTERTY_1_OFF#0 (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_1_PB_IS_AUTO) 0 (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT1_Pressed) 
FORCE_OVHD_ELEC_BATTERTY_1_ON#1 (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_1_PB_IS_AUTO) 1 (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT1_Pressed)
FORCE_OVHD_ELEC_BATTERTY_2_OFF#0 (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_2_PB_IS_AUTO) 0 (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT2_Pressed)
FORCE_OVHD_ELEC_BATTERTY_2_ON#1 (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_2_PB_IS_AUTO) 1 (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT2_Pressed)
OVHD_ELEC_BATTERY_2_TOGGLE#(L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_2_PB_IS_AUTO, Bool) ! (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_2_PB_IS_AUTO) (L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT2_Pressed) ! (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT2_Pressed)
OVHD_ELEC_AC_ESS_FEED_TOGGLE#(L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_AC_ESS_FEED_PB_IS_NORMAL, bool) ! (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_AC_ESS_FEED_PB_IS_NORMAL, bool)
OVHD_ELEC_APU_GEN_TOGGLE#1 (>K:APU_GENERATOR_SWITCH_TOGGLE) (L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_APUGEN_Pressed) ! (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_APUGEN_Pressed)
OVHD_ELEC_COMMERCIAL_TOGGLE#(L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_COMMERCIAL_PB_IS_ON, bool) ! (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_COMMERCIAL_PB_IS_ON)
OVHD_ELEC_EXT_PWR_TOGGLE#(A:EXTERNAL POWER AVAILABLE:1,bool) (A:EXTERNAL POWER ON:1,bool) ! and if{ 1 (>K:TOGGLE_EXTERNAL_POWER) } els{ (A:EXTERNAL POWER ON:1,bool) if{ 1 (>K:TOGGLE_EXTERNAL_POWER) } }
OVHD_ELEC_GALY_AND_CAB_TOGGLE#(L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_GALY_AND_CAB_PB_IS_AUTO, bool) ! (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_GALY_AND_CAB_PB_IS_AUTO, bool)
OVHD_ELEC_GEN1_TOGGLE#(>K:TOGGLE_ALTERNATOR1) (L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_GEN1_Pressed) ! (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_GEN1_Pressed)
OVHD_ELEC_GEN2_TOGGLE#(>K:TOGGLE_ALTERNATOR2) (L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_GEN2_Pressed) ! (>L:XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_GEN2_Pressed)
Overhead_Elec_Bus_Tie_Auto_Toggle#(L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BUS_TIE_PB_IS_AUTO, bool) ! (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BUS_TIE_PB_IS_AUTO)

So I would use this latest events.txt file, attached below.

John

events.txt 352.54 kB · 0 downloads

So, I did manage to find it and at this point,

I'm pretty sure I'm just not setting it up correctly,

you can see how I set it up in the video below,

when I press the key, it doesnt do anything ingame.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vlIgMP7HsN_4rZbSHDpmlltmNsAq7q4h/view?usp=sharing

Sorry for the hassle...

Check that your FBW A320 Dev version is up to date. You can also try logging key presses to check that the preset is being used/sent. If it is, then the preset isn't working and you should report to MobiFlight (or ask about this on their Discord channel).

I've finished for the day now - I can take a look to see if it works here tomorrow if you are still having issues.

John

13 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Check that your FBW A320 Dev version is up to date. You can also try logging key presses to check that the preset is being used/sent. If it is, then the preset isn't working and you should report to MobiFlight (or ask about this on their Discord channel).

I've finished for the day now - I can take a look to see if it works here tomorrow if you are still having issues.

John

Alright, thanks a lot!

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

John

Ok, so I think I have sort of figured out what the problem is.

So, whenever I add a function which doesnt have ''preset'' in front of it, it works,

not with the A32NX, but other planes ( i saw results with C152 ).

In the key assignments, when i select the key, function, and click confirm,

the key assignment appears on the right side and I can see,

I assigned a key to a function ( E.G. parking brakes ),

but when it is a function with ''preset'' infont of it,

the function dissapears. I will attach two images to this so that you can see the difference.

471118972_Capturedcran2022-05-08190049.png.359c09e4cc29b7259dea1e6787a9766c.png833677932_Capturedcran2022-05-08185852.png.7806c04147357c8f077b4aa738ec495f.png

Thanks for taking a look.

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

The issue was that key assignments are not written correctly to your FSUIPC7.ini file. I have corrected this in the attached version, v7.3.4c. if you could try this.
Please remove any current key assignments to presets from your FSUIPC7.ini file before running this (in an editor).

John

FSUIPC7.exe 635.5 kB · 0 downloads

Will try this as soon as I can, thank you!

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

The issue was that key assignments are not written correctly to your FSUIPC7.ini file. I have corrected this in the attached version, v7.3.4c. if you could try this.
Please remove any current key assignments to presets from your FSUIPC7.ini file before running this (in an editor).

John

FSUIPC7.exe 635.5 kB · 0 downloads

So I ran it, and now I dont have the assignments tab, is there an installer exe you could provide, or have you still not finished it?

Btw, I dont mind waiting for the next official version, as I just wanted to know if this program would work to make a cockpit.

And it obviously does as we have figured out the problem.

Thanks again.

Just now, tekbir said:

So I ran it, and now I dont have the assignments tab, is there an installer exe you could provide, or have you still not finished it?

You need to copy it to your current FSUIPC7 installation folder, replacing the FSUIPC7.exe that you have installed.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

You need to copy it to your current FSUIPC7 installation folder, replacing the FSUIPC7.exe that you have installed.

John

I did that already but it didnt work so I reinstalled FSUIPC7, and did it again and it worked.

So now I'll test out some functions ingame to see if they finally work.

Thanks a lot for the help

So uh, it still doesnt work, but I'm pretty sure it's me not setting it up correctly.

I am pressing the assigned key but nothing happens.

Take a look in the screenshot below, am I doing it right?

Do I need to set any parameters? Does this preset work for you?

It is also detected in the console log.

eimage.png.7d98b1fa312e4b3f16af0b7ec94cca66.png

image.png.abd631343f250ba593c2847ca8f948ce.png

41 minutes ago, tekbir said:

Do I need to set any parameters? Does this preset work for you?

Yes - I tested it and it works. Looking at your log extract, the preset isn't being executed. This is what it should look like:

155735 KEYDOWN: VK=87, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, lParam=0 (0x0), Shifts=0
   155735 Executing preset 'OVHD_ELEC_BATTERY_1_TOGGLE' [1201]
   155750 .. This key is programmed in FSUIPC7 'Keys' options
   155875 EV_KEYUP received: 0x57 (W)
   155875 KEYUP: VK=87, Waiting=0, Shifts=0, lparam=0 (0x0)
   155875 .. KeyUp received from FS but not programmed

Do you have the FSUIPC7 WASM module installed and enabled? i.e. do you have an Add-ins->WASM menu entry, and under that is the first entry 'Disable' and are all the other entries enabled?

Once you have checked that, if you still have issues, please attach your full FSUIPC7.log file.

47 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Yes - I tested it and it works. Looking at your log extract, the preset isn't being executed. This is what it should look like:

Do you have the FSUIPC7 WASM module installed and enabled? i.e. do you have an Add-ins->WASM menu entry, and under that is the first entry 'Disable' and are all the other entries enabled?

Once you have checked that, if you still have issues, please attach your full FSUIPC7.log file.

This is how it looks.

image.png.b8682b4acc3baafd7c93a0be9849d270.png

That indicates that the WASM isn't currently active. Exit FSUIPC7 and re-start it (not MSFS - keep that running).
It should be like that when MSFS is in the main menu, but when an aircraft is loaded and ready to fly those grayed-out options should become active.

24 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

That indicates that the WASM isn't currently active. Exit FSUIPC7 and re-start it (not MSFS - keep that running).
It should be like that when MSFS is in the main menu, but when an aircraft is loaded and ready to fly those grayed-out options should become active.

YEESSS, IT WORKS, thank you so much for the help, i really appreciate it.

¨have a good one

It seems that occasionally FSUIPC7 is not starting everything correctly when MSFS comes out of the main menu. I am not sure why this is  happening at the moment, but it seems that occasionally MSFS is not sending the correct events to indicate that it is out of the main menu. I am looking into this, but if you find that your assignments are not working, you can either restart FSUIPC& or, perhaps easier, disconnect from MSFS and then re-connect (from the MSFS menu).

John