The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 7.3.3 Not starting with SU9?

ssanchez

Hello.

Wondering if its just me but after SU9 FSUIPC is not starting the first time I run the sim.

When MSFS finishes loading, I go to the world map and configure any flight with any plane just to jump into the cockpit and find unresponsive controls. When I ALT-F to open FSUIPC, the camera resets but no FSUIPC loads.

If I close MSFS and open it again, then FSUIPC loads. This only happens the first time after a reboot...

So the auto-start is nor working the first time MSFS is ran after a reboot...very strange...
There are several reports of auto-start issues after the SU9 update (check the support forum for details) but this is the first time that it has been mentioned that this only occurs on the first run of MSFS after a reboot.

I will check this here later, but if it is an issue it must be with MSFS and not FSUIPC7, as it is MSFS that is starting FSUIPC7 via the EXE.xml file.
If it is an issue, it should be reported to MSFS/Asobo.

You can always start FSUIPC7 manually the first time you run MSFS after a reboot. Alternatively, if this is an issue, you could start FSUIPC7 the old way, via the MSFS.bat file, rather than using the EXE.xml method. To do this, re-install but do not select to install the auto-start component. After installation, open the MSFS.bat file (located in your FSUIPC7 installation folder) and remove the comments from the line that starts FSUIPC7, and also the comments from the delay line-  see this post for further details: 

John

Just now, ssanchez said:

I'll post my LOG file here after I reboot my computer if it helps in any way (Flying right now)

No need - and no point. If FSUIPC7 is not starting, there will be no FSUIPC7.log file created (the one there will be from the previous run).
And, as I said, there is nothing I can do about this - it will be an MSFS issue.

John

Just rebooted to check this and its all fine here - FSUIPC7 starts as expected when I first run MSFS.

I've no idea why it doesn't start the first time you run MSFS. All I can suggest is that you start manually when this occurs, or go back to the old method of starting FSUIPC7 as I said in my initial post on this topic.

John

John,

You know that I reported my issues with autostart in another thread that I can't get resolved, but I am not going to go over that again.

The reason that I posted is something that maybe be relevant to all reported cases of a similar matter. I just read the latest 3 month bug report from Asobo and surprisingly I saw at number #8 'SPAD, NeXt and FSUIPC Seems to be causing CTD' with the notation 'Fixed in SU9'. The obvious inference being that there were crashes in at least SU8 and possibly below and they altered some code in SU9 specifically to do with FSUIPC.

Are you aware of what they specifically did in relation to FSUIPC, as it would seem that this maybe a likely cause of the issues that some people are getting since the SU9 upgrade.

4 hours ago, Firebird56 said:

Are you aware of what they specifically did in relation to FSUIPC, as it would seem that this maybe a likely cause of the issues that some people are getting since the SU9 upgrade.

The issue was a simconnect issue and not specific to FSUIPC or Spad.next (and nothing related to the auto-start), although it was these programs that seemed to be the most affected. It was related to requesting specific simvars when MSFS is in the main menu which caused a CTD, which has now been fixed.

John