The simFlight Network Forums

Need help getting Lvar offset working

hikariken

I have been trying to set up some Lvar offset today and I used different forums to try and set up some controls on the B247D through Lvars.

The issue is while I can get the controls to move by using the "set Lvar" option in the FSUIPC mene the Lvars aren't changing when I move the controller axis.

I have checked the axis binding and as far as I can see the relevant one are set as they should be.

So as I don't see where I did something wrong I'd like to ask you to check out my FSUIPC.ini and if you can tell me what is wrong with it so I can make it work.

thanks

FSUIPC7.ini

You should always check your FSUIPC7.log file when adding lvars to offsets as these will most probably tell you what the issue is, and you should also always attach that when requesting support on these issues. Looking at your ini:

[LvarOffsets.Boeing]
0=L:ENG THROTTLE 1=UB0xA000
1=L:ENG THROTTLE 2=UB0xA001
2=L:ENG MIXTURE 1=UB0xA002
3=L:ENG MIXTURE 2=UB0xA003
4=L:ENG PROPELLER 1=UB0xA004
5=L:ENG PROPELLER 2=UB0xA005
6=L:LEVER OIL SHUTTER 1=UB0xA006
7=L:LEVER OIL SHUTTER 2=UB0xA007
8=L:LEVER CARBURETOR HEAT 1=UB0xA008
9=L:LEVER CARBURETOR HEAT 2=UB0xA008

Several things stand out:

1. you have no profile called 'Boeing'. You have two profiles - '247' and '737'. If you are setting this up for the B247D, it should be:
    [LvarOffsets.247]
i.e. it needs to match the name of the profile that you want to use this with.

2. Your lvar names contain spaces...are you sure this is correct? I suspect they should be
    L:ENG_THROTTLE_1
    L:ENG_THROTTLE_2
i.e. use underscores rather than spaces.

3. You are assigning all those lvars as single unsigned bytes, so that they can only hold an integer number between 0 and 255. Are you sure this is correct? Check what values the lvars you are using hold, and assign them the correct type. Also make sure that the offset size is correct, i.e. if you change the type to a larger size, make sure that the next lvar is not overwriting the offset area  from the preceding one.

John

Thanks for the help, the .247 instead of boeing did the trick. can't belive i didn't see this after a day of looking at the file

The lvar for the 247 have spaces not underscore and I did find how to transfer the axis value to a value between 0 and 100 so integer is fine.

Edited by hikariken