The simFlight Network Forums

PDMG DC6 supercharger controls

ZK-1B

The DC6 (PDMG) is a great aircraft, and with the FS20 controls and some FSUIPC controls, I have it doing everything except ONE. Of course...
The superchargers can be switched from a low state, to high.
The control name for this is ROTOR_BRAKE

There is not, it seems, to be a control to either toggle this command, nor a stand alone command to switch superchargers back to the low state. 

I have tried all the commands that have ROTOR_BRAKE in their names.  Failed.'

Is there a way to make FSUIPC toggle this command?

Has anybody succeeded with this?

Thanks.  An email would be great. 

Bob

On 5/15/2022 at 9:55 AM, ZK-1B said:

There is not, it seems, to be a control to either toggle this command, nor a stand alone command to switch superchargers back to the low state. 

Looking at the MobiFlight HubHop resource (https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/), there are 4 presets available for toggling the 4 superchargers:
    PMDGDC6_SUPERCHARGER_1_TOGGLE - 128101 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)
    PMDGDC6_SUPERCHARGER_2_TOGGLE - 128201 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)
    PMDGDC6_SUPERCHARGER_3_TOGGLE - 128301 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)
    PMDGDC6_SUPERCHARGER_4_TOGGLE - 128401 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)

These are quite new and may not be in the current events.rxr file included with FSUIPC7 - I have attached the latest one.

John

events.txt

Thank you John, I am logged on to report almost that!!   I found the Supervharger controls, delighted to find they toggle, but as of now, don't actually work!!
Going to download your file, and see what happens next. 
There's quite a few new commands showing in FSUIPC, but as of NOW, aren't working.

What, exactly do I do with the text file?

Thanks for the help and reply, I will post results for your info.

bob

Edited by ZK-1B
Added and corrected stuff

9 hours ago, ZK-1B said:

What, exactly do I do with the text file?

Save it to your FSUIPC7 installation folder, replacing the one that is currently there.

9 hours ago, ZK-1B said:

There's quite a few new commands showing in FSUIPC, but as of NOW, aren't working.

Make sure you have the WASM installed and enabled - if the menu items under he Add-ons-WASM menu are enabled, then the WASM is connected (try listing lvars to confirm). 

John

15 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Save it to your FSUIPC7 installation folder, replacing the one that is currently there.
There was an EVENTS.RXR  file there, I assume that was a miss-strike on the keyboard?

Make sure you have the WASM installed and enabled - if the menu items under he Add-ons-WASM menu are enabled, then the WASM is connected

WASM installed into the community folder (That was a guess, as it had a manifest file in it)

Addons > Menu shows WASMinstalled and connected.

(try listing lvars to confirm). 

Command List LVARS grayed out, inoperative. 

John

Cancel all the above!!!  It VERKS!!!!   It VERKS!!   (in my best German accent)    Thank you John for your help.

Next idea please?   LOL

Bob

18 hours ago, John Dowson said:

FYI, v7.3.4 was released yesterday which contains the latest MF events.txt file, as well as several bug fixes.

John

Having got all this, and it works, I am considering writing a detailed HOWTO. What format would you like it in? I can do it in Word 2003 . Why? Its does everything I need Word to do, why should I buy something better for functions I will never need? 
I would include pictures etc. 

7 hours ago, ZK-1B said:

Having got all this, and it works, I am considering writing a detailed HOWTO. What format would you like it in? I can do it in Word 2003 . Why? Its does everything I need Word to do, why should I buy something better for functions I will never need? 
I would include pictures etc. 

That would be good, thanks. The best place for this would be to create a topic in either the FAQ sub-forum or the User Contributions sub-forum.
It would be better to do this as a post, rather than a document. But if you prefer to do this in Word 2003, you could export this as a pdf and attach it to a post in one (or both) of those sections.

John