The simFlight Network Forums

CPflight MCP does not find FSUIPC7

fischkarl

Hi, I would like to use the PMDG 737 with my CPflight 737 USB MCP. If I want to connect this, then the error message comes

up that  FSUIPC7 is not found and I should install it. However, I have a registered FSUIPC7 version. Can the error be because there is no .evt file from the PMDG in the FSUIPC folder? And if so, where can I get such a file from? Thank you, Michael

14 minutes ago, fischkarl said:

If I want to connect this, then the error message comes up that  FSUIPC7 is not found and I should install it.

Did you check that FSUIPC7 is running? Where/what software is this error message from?

14 minutes ago, fischkarl said:

Can the error be because there is no .evt file from the PMDG in the FSUIPC folder?

There is no *.evt file for the PMDG 737. Event files only provide access to custom events that are handled by either the aircraft or a WASM module. The event files that come with FSUIPC7 are mainly for use with the MobiFlight event module, although there is also one for the FBW A320. However, you do not really need use event files any more as they have been replaced by presets. A preset is a name attached to a calculator code string, which when used is applied by the FSUIPC WASM module. Event files are events that are mapped to similar calculator code strings but this is done in the handling module, usually the MF event module.

The PMDG 737 seems to have implemented its custom controls using parameters for the Rotor Brake control. You can assign to this control directly, if you know the parameter values to use (I believe someone posted a spreadsheet containing these...somewhere...) - otherwise you can use (or at least take a look at) the preset calculator code, or see what is being used by a preset. For a searchable list of available presets, please see the MG HubHop resource: https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/

John

P.S. You seem to have raised the same question twice - I will delete the other one

Yes, FSUIPC was started. The error message came from the CPflight software FS_Com. There it was written, among other things:
Copy the file flybywire-aircraft-a320neo.evt from EventFile of fsuipc7 folder directly in the main folder of fsuipc7

Open your fsuipc7.ini file and verify that the line flybywire_a320-neo in the first position of the {EventFiles} section with 0 prefix. Verify also in your fsuipc7.ini file that Wapi is enabled, in case add the command like in the example below...

I had hoped that there would also be such an .evt file for the PMDG.
I'm afraid that I can no longer connect my MCP

Yes, sorry, I accidentally posted this twice

23 minutes ago, fischkarl said:

I had hoped that there would also be such an .evt file for the PMDG.

There is no event file for the PMDG. However, you can create one if you wish, using the MobiFlight cip file. You would then also need the MobiFlight WASM module installed to handle those events. As event files have basically now been superseded by presets, I am no longer providing event files. There are no custom events provided and handled by the PMDG 737 as far as O a, aware - the custom events for this aircraft use the Rotor Brake control, with the parameter indicating the purpose/control.

BUT, this will have nothing to do with your MCP not being able to connect. I don't know what your issue is with this and cannot really help you either. You need to contact whoever provides the software for this.

Hello,
I have the same problem. After installing FSUIPC 7.3.4 CPflight MCP  stopped working. It says it can't find FSUIPC. All the others elements of throttle where working properly. ALT+P started FSUIPC control window. After uninstalling FSUIPC 7.3.4 and installing the previous version 7.3.3 CPflight works correctly.

14 hours ago, ppatys said:

After uninstalling FSUIPC 7.3.4 and installing the previous version 7.3.3 CPflight works correctly.

Ok, that is interesting....but I can't see any changes between these versions that would cause this...
Could you show me an FSUIPC7.log file from both versions please.

John