The simFlight Network Forums

LVARS FAILED

I hope you're doing well and enjoyed your holiday, John.   I'm experiencing an issue with the FBW A320 (latest developmental version) and FSUIPC 7.3.6.  In short, I'm getting the following error after a few minutes:

[INFO]: **** STARTING FSUIPC7 WASM INTERFACE (WAPI) VERSION 0.5.10 (WASM VERSION 0.5.9)
[INFO]: CONNECTED TO MSFS
 [ERROR]: SimConnect_RequestClientData for lvars failed!!!!
 [ERROR]: SimConnect_TransmitClientEvent for EVENT_SET_HVAR failed!!!!

The errors do not occur with other aircraft, just the FBW A320; currently, I only have two Aircraft in my community folder (PMDG and FBW).  I'd appreciate any ideas you might have.  Thank you, John. 

-Matt

FSUIPC7.log

3 hours ago, kingm56 said:

I'm getting the following error after a few minutes:

[INFO]: **** STARTING FSUIPC7 WASM INTERFACE (WAPI) VERSION 0.5.10 (WASM VERSION 0.5.9)
[INFO]: CONNECTED TO MSFS

I cannot see those errors in the log file you attached. Please attach a log file showing the errors - and always exit FSUIPC7 before attaching an FSUIPC7.log file.
You can also set Debuf level logging in the WAPI - add the following line to the [WAPI] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file:
    LogLevel=Debug

John

My apologize for the delayed response, John.  The errors are thrown by the MSFSVariableServices.  Essentially, I have a handle event that fires every time the WASM module sends a log entry.   I'm getting these errors  randomly; I can reduce them by eliminating aircraft from my community folder. I've attached the FSUIPC client logFSUIPC7.log ; although, I'm not sure it shows MSFSVariableServices events.  Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. 

Matt

This error:

indicates that your client is requesting lvar updates. You should leave lvar updates to the WASM if using multiple WASM clients (i.e. if also using FSUIPC7). And if you do want to control lvar update frequency from the client, then you should turn of the lvar update in the WASM otherwise such calls will be ignored. However, this will not help with your current issue.

9 hours ago, kingm56 said:

The errors are thrown by the MSFSVariableServices. 

Ok, that is important information! You posted in the wrong forum - you should use @Paul Henty;s .NET dll client sub-forum for issues using that dll. I will move your post.

I've attached the FSUIPC client log ; although, I'm not sure it shows MSFSVariableServices events.

No, that just shows the WAPI log from FSUIPC, not your client (and it looks ok). There should be another WAPI log for your client, although I am not sure what this is called if/when using the .net client dll - Paul should be able to help with this...

I can reduce them by eliminating aircraft from my community folder.

That sounds strange and indicates that it could be a timing issue. Be aware that once you have started the WAPI connection, it should NOT be used until lvars/hvars are available. This is done via a callback passed from the WAPI function registerUpdateCallback - there should also be a way to set this using the .Net client dll. You should not start using the WAPI until your registered callback function has been triggered - although I am not sure how this works with the .Net client dll.

John

indicates that your client is requesting lvar updates. You should leave lvar updates to the WASM if using multiple WASM clients (i.e. if also using FSUIPC7). And if you do want to control lvar update frequency from the client, then you should turn of the lvar update in the WASM otherwise such calls will be ignored. However, this will not help with your current issue.

When using MSFSVariableServices you should normally leave the LVARUpdateFrequency property set to 0. This is the default from version 3.2.20, so make sure you're not overriding it in your code.

There should be another WAPI log for your client, although I am not sure what this is called if/when using the .net client dll - Paul should be able to help with this...

My DLL does not create a log file for the WAPI. It's up to the user to do that by setting the LogLevel property and handling the OnLogEntryReceived event.

Be aware that once you have started the WAPI connection, it should NOT be used until lvars/hvars are available. 

This is automatically handled inside my DLL. The user doesn't directly interact with the events from the WAPI dll.

Paul

26 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Paul, is there literature pertaining to the LogLevel property?

There's not much - just what's on the intellisense.

The default is LOG_LEVEL_INFO which won't give you errors.

To see errors, try LOG_LEVEL_DEBUG first which will probably be sufficient. Failing that, you can try with the highest (LOG_LEVEL_TRACE) but that's very verbose.

Paul

2 minutes ago, Paul Henty said:

The default is LOG_LEVEL_INFO which won't give you errors.

All errors in the WAPI should be logged, regardless of the log level set. Otherwise the OP wouldn't be seeing these:

John

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Gentlemen!  I owe you both a beer...

Paul, I was indeed overwriting the frequency call; setting a value of 10.  I've eliminated that line; hopefully, that was causing the errors.  

John, I haven't seen your dad on the forums much lately; hopefully, he's doing well?  

21 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

John, I haven't seen your dad on the forums much lately; hopefully, he's doing well?  

He is doing well, thanks. He only monitors the main forum these days, and still supports MakeRunways, but the rest he leaves to me (he has retired!).

23 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

I was indeed overwriting the frequency call; setting a value of 10.  I've eliminated that line; hopefully, that was causing the errors.  

I have seen some strange issues when both the WASM and a client is controlling the update frequency, but I don't understand why. The WASM ignores requests to update the lvars from a client if set to update automatically, so this really shouldn't be an issue - just not necessary.

John