The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 with offsets enabled for the PMDG 737-700

I have enabled the offsets for the PMDG 737-700 for MSFS in the attached version, v7.3.8b.

Note that it was not possible to maintain the previous offsets as the data has changed significantly - please see the attached document for a list of the available offsets. 

PMDG have still not published the SDK and a further change is expected in the coming weeks, as well as the publication of the SDK documentation. I will not officially release this version until the SDK has been published. The current offset documentation is valid for the PMDG 737-700 releases 3.0.24 & 3.0.25.

For any issues, please use this topic for the time being.

v7.3.8b also contains the following updates:
  - preset controls have been moved to a separate drop-down menu in the assignments panels, available via a new checkbox
  - WidFS enabled state remembered

John

FSUIPC7.exe

Offset Mapping for PMDG 737-700.pdf

N.B. This is the FSUIPC7 application, not an installer. To use this version, download the FSUIPC7.exe file and copy/move it to your current FSUIPC7 installation folder, replacing the one that already exists there. 

Edited by John Dowson
7.3.8b released
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi pete, I now have 2 FSIPIC 7 installed, one has my axes settings and one doesnt, in fact the 7.3.8.A dosent allow me to set axes, its like it isnt recognizing Ive purchased it??

Do i simply replace the old version (application) with the new one? im a bit confused as to how to update it as it installed in a different folder?, will I loose my settings, I dont have that many so no big deal 🙂

thanks

12 hours ago, savery999 said:

Do i simply replace the old version (application) with the new one?

Yes - just download the FSUIPC7.exe and use to replace your existing FSUIPC7.exe. I do not (usually) provide an installer for beta releases.

You will not lose your settings. However, your existing settings won't be available (and it will be unregistered) if you just download it and run it from your Downloads folder. This is why you need to copy it to your existing installation folder.

John

I have updated the 7.3.8 beta to v7.3.8b containing the following changes:
    - preset controls have been moved to a separate drop-down menu available on a checkbox
    - WideFS enabled state correctly remembered

There have been no changes to the PMDG offsets in this update.

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 2:05 PM, John Dowson said:

I have enabled the offsets for the PMDG 737-700 for MSFS in the attached version, v7.3.8b.

Note that it was not possible to maintain the previous offsets as the data has changed significantly - please see the attached document for a list of the available offsets. 

PMDG have still not published the SDK and a further change is expected in the coming weeks, as well as the publication of the SDK documentation. I will not officially release this version until the SDK has been published. The current offset documentation is valid for the PMDG 737-700 releases 3.0.24 & 3.0.25.

For any issues, please use this topic for the time being.

v7.3.8b also contains the following updates:
  - preset controls have been moved to a separate drop-down menu in the assignments panels, available via a new checkbox
  - WidFS enabled state remembered

John

FSUIPC7.exe 636 kB · 46 downloads

Offset Mapping for PMDG 737-700.pdf 231.39 kB · 122 downloads

N.B. This is the FSUIPC7 application, not an installer. To use this version, download the FSUIPC7.exe file and copy/move it to your current FSUIPC7 installation folder, replacing the one that already exists there. 

Hi Pete,

I am trying to set up FLT ALT and LAND ALT in my overhead with MobiFlight and MAX7219 displays. In your document "Offset mapping for PMDG 737-700.pdf" I can see that the corresponding offsets are 656C and 6572, but the data type is "char" and the size is 6. However, I can´t find that data type on MobiFlight, I can see only Int, Float, and String. Dou you know if "char" corresponds to any of that, or is a total different type of variable and we have to wait for a new update on MobiFlight?

Thank you so much!!

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

A char array of size 6 is a String.

Btw, you also asked the same question as 'reported content'. This is for reporting abusive content, not for support requests. I have deleted that.

John

Sorry, I was trying to publish my comment and I touched something wrong... Thank you for deleting it.

OK, a char is a string, the problem is that there isn´t any option to specify size, only an option named Substring from ... to ... But I understand this is no t the correct forum to ask this as it corresponds to another software.

Thank you so much!!

5 minutes ago, OVD said:

OK, a char is a string, the problem is that there isn´t any option to specify size,

You don't specify the size when using the String data type. The chat array is zero terminated, so the string can determine its own size.
Don't worry about this - just use the String data type.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

You don't specify the size when using the String data type. The chat array is zero terminated, so the string can determine its own size.
Don't worry about this - just use the String data type.

John

Thank you John. I have tested it and the FLT ALT display shows no digit, and LAND ALT shows 00000.

54 minutes ago, OVD said:

I have tested it and the FLT ALT display shows no digit, and LAND ALT shows 00000.

What version of the PMDG 737 are you using? The documentation was written for 3.0.24 and PMDG confirmed no changes for 3.0.25. There have been 2 releases since those version, 3.0.29 and the current release 3.0.31. I have asked  PMDG if the SDK has been updated for these releases but as yet have not received a reply. And as the SDK for the PMDG 737 for MSFS has still not been published, there isn't anything I can do about this at the moment.

John

On 8/3/2022 at 7:59 PM, John Dowson said:

What version of the PMDG 737 are you using? The documentation was written for 3.0.24 and PMDG confirmed no changes for 3.0.25. There have been 2 releases since those version, 3.0.29 and the current release 3.0.31. I have asked  PMDG if the SDK has been updated for these releases but as yet have not received a reply. And as the SDK for the PMDG 737 for MSFS has still not been published, there isn't anything I can do about this at the moment.

John

Hi John,

I have tested in 3.0.20, 3.0.24, and 3.0.31 and the behaviour is the same... But I solved it by installing FSUIPC 7.3.8.b! I would be very grateful if this version could change to alpha!

Thank you so much

Edited by OVD