The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC DLL .NET open fail // wideclient open but FS closed

Acaymo

Good morning,

I am developing a little with .NET and using FSUIPC DLL.

FSUIPC and Wideclient purchased and with license (booths)

Wideclient opened and FS (my case P3D) closed.

I tried to open connection, wide Ok but doesn't work because FSUIPC not found. 

My question is: doesn't possible open connection if the FS isn't running?

In my case, I need to write and send variable between two external modules that will be connected via Wideclient.

Best regards,

Acaymo 

Thank you John.

Therefore, don't have possibility to test or debug my DLL code if the P3D not running, that is correct??

I would like to read address that are running another application that is linked to Wideclient. Could I read this variable via Wideclient?

Best regards!

Acaymo 

11 hours ago, Acaymo said:

Therefore, don't have possibility to test or debug my DLL code if the P3D not running, that is correct?

Well, I think WideClient accepts client connections without the FS running, so I guess you can debug, but no offset date would be available if the FS isn't running, so you would probably just get 0/null values.

11 hours ago, Acaymo said:

I would like to read address that are running another application that is linked to Wideclient. Could I read this variable via Wideclient?

If you just want to know what data an offset contains, why don't you just run FSUIPC and use the offset logging facilities? But you (obviously?) need the FS running if you want to read the value of a simvar held in an FDUIPC offset....

John

Note you can also log IPC Reads and Writes using FSUIPCs logging functionality. This will log all offsets read/written-to by external programs (IPC = Inter Process Communication). However, the log may be large and difficult to understand when using these options, but you can give it a try... Of course, as this is a facility in FSUIPC, you would need FSUIPC (and also the FS) running.

John