The simFlight Network Forums

TroubleShooting WASM

kingm56

John,

I will start by asking you to only respond when you have time and helped all your paid customers.  I truly appreciate your time and guidance you and Paul have provided.  

I use FSUIPC to read LVARs for my application.  For most people, it works great; however, I have a fair number of users who have issues with accessing the WASM module. Specifically,

1. They install FSUIPC and enable WASM

2. When they connect FSUIPC to MSFS (after they're in the cockpit), the FSUIPC7 > Add-on > Read LVAR is unavailable(greyed-out)...picture below

3. Number 2 happens even when WASM is enabled; I ask them to disable and reenable via the FSUIPC >Add-on >Enable/Disable option with no effect.

My favor is, can you provide some tips on how to actively trouble-shoot FSUIPC WASM issues, specifically relating to the inability to read LVARs? 

Thank you, John!  - Matt 

image.png.f7d612db189724ca3f86cab2eea8c6b8.png

My current trouble shooting steps are inadequate 

image.png.916620c69a116e16014c15bd6884cdb9.png

Hi Matt,

8 hours ago, kingm56 said:

1. They install FSUIPC and enable WASM

In the latest version, the WASM should be enabled by default.

2. When they connect FSUIPC to MSFS (after they're in the cockpit), the FSUIPC7 > Add-on > Read LVAR is unavailable(greyed-out)...picture below

This is usually due to timing, i.e. the information on lvars has not yet been received by FSUIPC. This occurs LvarScanDelay (a WASM ini parameter) seconds after the aircraft is loaded, and defaults to 5 seconds but should be increased (to 45-60 seconds) if using complex aircraft. 

3. Number 2 happens even when WASM is enabled; I ask them to disable and reenable via the FSUIPC >Add-on >Enable/Disable option with no effect.

No point doing this. Better to disconnect from MSFS and then re-connect. But, you really shouldn't need to do this.

There is a possible problem that can occur if/when using multiple WAPI/WASM clients. This has been fixed in the latest beta release, so if your users are using multiple WASM clients then they should update to this version, available here: 

My current trouble shooting steps are inadequate 

There really is no point re-installing FSUIPC7 for this issue. If this problem persists, then you should activate Debug level logging in the WAPI, by adding the following to the [WAPI] section of the FSUIPC7.ini file:
     LogLevel=Debug
This should then show the data being received in the FSUIPC7.log file, and the WASM menu items should be enabled once this/these lines are logged:

15750 25804  [DEBUG]: EVENT_LVARS_RECEIVED: dwObjectID=0, dwDefineID=5, dwDefineCount=1, dwentrynumber=1, dwoutof=1
    15750 25804  [DEBUG]: EVENT_LVARS_RECEIVED: dwObjectID=0, dwDefineID=6, dwDefineCount=1, dwentrynumber=1, dwoutof=1

If the problem persists, show me the log file and I can take a look. You can also activate Debug level logging in the WASM (see the Advanced User guide) and attach both the FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC_WASM.log files.

John

1 hour ago, solanki said:

I have tried all the above with no luck. Add ons still grayed out. Can you please help me. Thank you

As I said: 

5 hours ago, John Dowson said:

If the problem persists, show me the log file and I can take a look. You can also activate Debug level logging in the WASM (see the Advanced User guide) and attach both the FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC_WASM.log files.

Remember to also set Debug level logging in the WAPI (instructions above).

John 

16 hours ago, solanki said:

I don't Know where the log files are and don't know about debug

Try reading the manuals...especially the section on the WASM in the Advanced User guide. Your FSUIPC7.log (and FSUIPC7.ini) file is in your FSUIPC7 installation folder.
You should review the installation nd registration guide for an overview of what is installed and where.

John