The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS 2020 TBM930 switch return back

Hi all!
Sorry about my English!

MSFS 2020 Aircraft - TBM930 Improvement Mod.
I'm trying to assign the button to the switch "IGNITION", but so far without success!
I found that when switching the toggle switch from the cockpit with the mouse (for example, to the ON position):
the following controls values are changed:

(FSUIPC7.log)

210703 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 67017 (0x000105c9), Param= 2 (0x00000002) TURBINE_IGNITION_SWITCH_SET1
   210766 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 67418 (0x0001075a), Param= 1 (0x00000001) MASTER_WARNING_ACKNOWLEDGE
   210766 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 67419 (0x0001075b), Param= 1 (0x00000001) MASTER_CAUTION_SET
   211110 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 67418 (0x0001075a), Param= 1 (0x00000001) MASTER_WARNING_ACKNOWLEDGE
   211110 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 67419 (0x0001075b), Param= 1 (0x00000001) MASTER_CAUTION_SET

In the variables Lvars for this aircraft, I found "XMLVAR_Ignition", which also changes when you switch the toggle switch with the mouse.

And they do not change in the same way:

Switch positions "IGNITION":
AUTO - ON - OFF

The value of the controls changes:
1 - 2 - 0

The value of Lvar "XMLVAR_Ignition" changes:
0 - 1 - 2

I have tried several options:
I tried to change only the Lvar "XMLVAR_Ignition" value to 1, directly through FSUIPC-Add on-WASP-Set Lvar.

I tried to write a simple lua script to simulate pressing a toggle switch from the cockpit and at the same time change the value of Lvar "XMLVAR_Ignition".

ipc.control(67017, 2)
ipc.control(67418, 1)
ipc.control(67419, 1)
ipc.control(67418, 1)
ipc.control(67419, 1)
ipc.writeLvar("L:XMLVAR_Ignition", 1)

And I tried to take into account the discrepancy in the variables controls and lvar.
But the result is the same - the toggle switch twitches and returns to its original position.
Something brings him back!!!

(FSUIPC7.log)

1400610 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 67017 (0x000105c9), Param= 2 (0x00000002) TURBINE_IGNITION_SWITCH_SET1
  1400610 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 67418 (0x0001075a), Param= 1 (0x00000001) MASTER_WARNING_ACKNOWLEDGE
  1400610 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 67419 (0x0001075b), Param= 1 (0x00000001) MASTER_CAUTION_SET
  1400610 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 67418 (0x0001075a), Param= 1 (0x00000001) MASTER_WARNING_ACKNOWLEDGE
  1400610 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 67419 (0x0001075b), Param= 1 (0x00000001) MASTER_CAUTION_SET
  1400641 WRITElua 735F,   1 bytes: 00                                               .
  1400719 LUA.4: LINDA:: [L] LVar: XMLVAR_Ignition = 1
  1400875 LUA.4: LINDA:: [L] LVar: XMLVAR_Ignition = 0

Is there any way to fix this? Or is it a property of this aircraft model?

Thank you in advance!
Andrew.

I will take a look at this over the weekend (no time at the moment, sorry), but a quick search indicates that this is/was a known problem with the TBM930 mod, see https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/610542-tbm-930-wmod-start-and-ignition-switches-inop/, but this later post indicates that thus was fixed in an update: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tbm930-starter-and-ignition-switches-not-work/479945/3. So, first check that you have the latest version of the mod installed.

Other than that, I will check and get back you.

John

Yes, John! Thanks for the quick response!
Maybe I didn't phrase my question correctly! Sorry! English is not my native language!
Of course. I have the latest version of the mod installed.
The fact is that according to the links you gave, people had a problem with launching the plane due to the incompatibility of the mod with the MSFS update. This was before.
But in my case, there are no problems with the launch of the plane! Everything starts working if you switch the toggle switches with the mouse in the cockpit! The mod works fine (IMHO) and I constantly fly only on it.
I just wanted to use the free toggle switches and buttons on my joystick and ran into a problem that I described in the first post.
And of course, John, I'll be waiting for your verification and response!

Respectfully
Andrew.

I am surprised that you can move the starter and ignition switches at all using the improvement mod. When I have that installed, I cannot move those switches in the cockpit at all. Without the mod, the switches work but the TURBINE_IGNITION_SWITCH_SET1 event has no affect when sent externally.
There are quite a few (recent) comments that these switches are not working with this mod - see comments here: https://flightsim.to/file/8288/tbm930-improvement-mod

I suggest you try contacting the mod provider to see if this can be fixed.

John

Greetings John!  

Yes, the version of the mod you linked to (flightsim.to) does not work correctly.  Many users write about it.  But one user advised to download the version from Github (https://github.com/mixMugz/msfs_tbm930_project).  

They both have the same version number 0.6.4.0, but the Github version works fine.  

I launch the plane as usual (with the mouse from the cockpit) and enjoy flying it.

John, I know you are a very busy person, but if you don't mind, could you try the version from Github, and try the issue with which  I encountered in the first post.  

Respectfully.  

Andrew.

I used the preset in FSUIPC for the ignition switch with a 3 way switch, but when switching the switch in the plane just wiggles.  I do have the starter switch working using the presets.  I have a spring back 3way switch and have it control to repeat while held, and it works good.  It's the ignition I'm having problem with.

19 hours ago, AndrewZAP1977 said:

es, the version of the mod you linked to (flightsim.to) does not work correctly.  Many users write about it.  But one user advised to download the version from Github (https://github.com/mixMugz/msfs_tbm930_project).  

They both have the same version number 0.6.4.0, but the Github version works fine.  

Ok  - I didn't trad that far! I will install from github and let you know.

16 hours ago, johnk515 said:

I used the preset in FSUIPC for the ignition switch with a 3 way switch, but when switching the switch in the plane just wiggles.

Did you apply the fix detailed in the preset description to get this to work? If not, maybe try that (I will also take a look) - this is the description of the TBM930_IGNITION_ON preset:

Sets the ignition switch to on

For post SU5 to get the switch to animate requires adding code to the TBM Interior XML file:
<!-- ############################################### -->
  <Component ID="MobiFlight_External_Control">
      <UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_GT_Update">
          <UPDATE_CODE>
         (L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set, Number) s0 0 &gt; if{ l0 1 - (&gt;B:ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set) 0 (&gt;L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set) }
                 </UPDATE_CODE>
          <FREQUENCY>1</FREQUENCY>
      </UseTemplate>
  </Component>

_________

Once you have added the above code, set a custom event for ON PRESS/ON RELEASE:
For Auto:
1 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)

For On:
2 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)

For Off:
3 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)

I'm not sure if this applies when using the improvement mod, but worth a try...

John

Ok - adding that code to the Community\aircraft-tbm930-improvement\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_TBM930\model\TBM930_interior.xml file, and the ignition switch works as advertised:

On: 2 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)
Off: 3 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)
Auto: 1 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)

So, to use, first add that additional component section to the xml file (path given above - insert within the <Behaviors>...</Behaviors> section ), then create or add the following to a myevents.txt file (located in your FSUIPC7 installation folder)

My_TBM930_Ignition_On#2 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)
My_TBM930_Ignition_Off#3 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)
My_TBM930_Ignition_Auto#1 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)

You can then assign using those new presets.

John

John, hello!
John, I'm very sorry, but I practically do not understand anything in programming and syntax (I programmed for a very long time, and even then in BASIC on the ZX-Spectrum).
I realized that the code you provided should be placed in the "Behaviors" section (for example in the end of file)!
Hope, I'm doing it right?

<Component ID="TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set">
        <UseTemplate Name="TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set">
            On: 2 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)
            Off: 3 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)
            Auto: 1 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)
        </UseTemplate>
      </Component>

John, I really don't feel comfortable asking you, but if I'm doing it wrong, could you show me the full part of the .xml file?

Programming is really very difficult for me!!!

I apologize in advance!!!
Andrew.

1 hour ago, AndrewZAP1977 said:

Hope, I'm doing it right?

No. This is the code you need to insert (the code specified in the preset description, which I also showed you a few comments ago):

<UPDATE_CODE>
				(L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set, Number) s0 0 &gt; if{ l0 1 - (&gt;B:ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set) 0 (&gt;L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set) }
			</UPDATE_CODE>
			<FREQUENCY>1</FREQUENCY>
		</UseTemplate>
	</Component>

Then, after you have that code inserted, you can then use the lvar L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set as I have already specified, or create those presets and use them.

John

9 minutes ago, AndrewZAP1977 said:

where can I read about the presets you mention?

https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/

10 minutes ago, AndrewZAP1977 said:

I mean any instructions?

I have given you instructions (several times now)...it really isn't that difficult. To be clear:

1. Open your Community\aircraft-tbm930-improvement\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_TBM930\model\TBM930_interior.xml file in an editor. Scroll to the bottom
2. Add the code so it looks like this

<Component ID="Seatbelt_R" Node="Seatbelt_R">
        <UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_GT_Visibility_Code">
          <VISIBILITY_CODE>(L:XMLVAR_TBM930_HideCoPilot) (A:PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:2, pound) 100 &lt; or</VISIBILITY_CODE>
        </UseTemplate>
      </Component>
    </Component>
			<UPDATE_CODE>
			</UPDATE_CODE>
			<FREQUENCY>1</FREQUENCY>
		</UseTemplate>
	</Component>
  </Behaviors>
</ModelInfo>

i.e. insert this code only in the correct position:
            <UPDATE_CODE>
            </UPDATE_CODE>
            <FREQUENCY>1</FREQUENCY>
        </UseTemplate>
    </Component>

3. Create a myevents.txt file in your FSUIPC7 installation folder and add the following:

My_TBM930_Ignition_On#2 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)
My_TBM930_Ignition_Off#3 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)
My_TBM930_Ignition_Auto#1 (>L:MF_TBM930_ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set)

4. Start MSFS/FSUIPC7, load the TBM930, and assign your buttons/switch to
     My TBM930 Ignition On
     My TBM930 Ignition Off
     My TBM930 Ignition Auto

It really isn't that difficult. If you have any issues, try re-reading this thread again before posting. Everything you need to know is in this topic.

John

• Thanks 1

Thanks, John!

You completely painted everything for me!!! I will try your advice!
About instructions! You misunderstood me a little (or I put it wrong)!
I meant instructions about presets !!!)
You have provided a link to the Github. I will read and study!!!

Thank you again!
Andrew.

John!

Excuse me for my importunity, but can I ask your help in one more matter?
Is it possible to interact with the "Pulse" switch (on the left on the overhead, next to the landing lights)? 
And assign its action to the button?
When the switch is turned on/off with the mouse from the cabin, the following is triggered:

*** EVENT: Cntrl= 66376 (0x00010348), Param= 0 (0x00000000) TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS

The Lvar variable "XMLVAR_LandingGearLightBlink" changes its value from 0 to 1 about every second.

When I try to force control of the TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS Controls, nothing happens with the switch!
I looked in the presets (the link to which you kindly provided in the post above), I did not find anything similar!

Or is it not possible to control this switch?

Respectfully.  

Andrew.

• John Dowson changed the title to MSFS 2020 TBM930 switch return back
21 minutes ago, AndrewZAP1977 said:

When the switch is turned on/off with the mouse from the cabin, the following is triggered:

The Lvar variable "XMLVAR_LandingGearLightBlink" changes its value from 0 to 1 about every second.

When I try to force control of the TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS Controls, nothing happens with the switch!
I looked in the presets (the link to which you kindly provided in the post above), I did not find anything similar!

You could try with a lua script, which would send the TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS event and then set a timer to set/toggle XMLVAR_LandingGearLightBlink between 1 and 0 every second or so. I'm a but busy to try this at the moment, but should be relatively straight forward - if familiar with lua! Otherwise, maybe try asking about this in the MobiFlight discord channel - they maintain and help with presets.

Otherwise, I can take a more detailed look towards the end of the week.

John

On 8/8/2022 at 6:29 PM, AndrewZAP1977 said:

The event logged seems to depend on the position of the Off-Taxi-LDG switch - I see TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS when pressing Pulse when that switch is in the Off position, and TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS followed by TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS when in the TAXI position, and no events when in the LDG position. There is also an lvar called XMLVAR_FORCE_PULSE_ON, which initially I saw this change between 1 and 0, but setting/changing this lvar had no affect on the switch position. Later, this lvar didn't change value regardless of switch position. Strange...

So, in summary, I have no idea...did you ask and get any response from the MobiFlight community?

John

Greetings John!

Yes. I also saw the changes in the events and lvar you described, but like you, I couldn't grasp the logic between them.

Yes. I asked a question on the Mobiflight discord channel about my problem.
The answer was:

"Why are you using FSUIPC? since you have msfs2020 you should use the sim connect method instead. All of the tbm930 lights are available in the dropdowns in mobiflight". (I hope this person will not be offended that I quote him here)!

Respectfully.  

Andrew.

39 minutes ago, AndrewZAP1977 said:

Yes. I asked a question on the Mobiflight discord channel about my problem.
The answer was:

"Why are you using FSUIPC? since you have msfs2020 you should use the sim connect method instead. All of the tbm930 lights are available in the dropdowns in mobiflight". (I hope this person will not be offended that I quote him here)!

That is a rather annoying response from mobiflight... Some of mf team seem to think that only mf should be used, when there are many other options available, with and without using MF. And they didn't mention anything about the pulse switch.. If it can be controlled in MobiFlight, it can be controlled via FSUIPC. And as MobiFlight use the MF presets (only - I think), if there is no preset, I don't know how they can say that. What is the option in the MF dropdown to control the pulse then? 

John

John, I installed Mobiflight.
And while I had some free time, I studied it a little!
But I have not found anything related to "Pulse" lights anywhere for TBM930.
I also looked at various presets (the link to which you kindly provided).
Yes, I came across the "Pulse" lights preset for CESSNA LONGITUDE. But there is a simple switching of the TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS event state and nothing else.

John, of course, would very much like to transfer control completely to the toggle switches, and not press them with the mouse on the screen!
But I think I've taken a lot of your time already!
I think it won't be a big problem to click this single "Pulse" with the mouse!!!😉

Perhaps in the future it will be possible to solve this problem! Until then, let's keep flying!
But I will continue to look for a solution (as far as my knowledge will allow), and if, suddenly, something happens, I will write here!

Again. Thank you very much, friend, for your help and patience!!!

Respectfully.  

Andrew.

No problem, I understand. When I get time, I'll take a look at the xml file to see of that reveals anything....
Note that in MSFS, every aircraft is different - this is the Longitude pulse preset (but not TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS as you said):
    LONGITUDE_PULSE_LIGHTS_TOGGLE#(>K:PULSE_LIGHTS_TOGGLE)
and the xcub:
    XCUB_PULSE_ON#100 s0 7 (>K:2:LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER_SET) l0 (>L:LIGHTING_POTENTIOMETER_7)
    XCUB_PULSE_STANDBY#0 s0 7 (>K:2:LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER_SET) l0 (>L:LIGHTING_POTENTIOMETER_7)
Kodiak 100:
    Landing_Lights_Pulse#1 (>L:SWS_LIGHTING_Switch_Light_Landing, Enum)
MSFS is a different beast from FSX/P3D - most aircraft are specific in their controls without much in common. It is a bit of a nightmare for support!

Regards,

John