The simFlight Network Forums

Logitech Throttle Quad No Reverse Zone

I just got a Logitech throttle quadrant which is a rebranded/renamed Saitek quadrant. It has a detent at the bottom of the throttle and if you pull it down further it activates a switch. The throttle levers are marked with a 0-100 scale above the detent. Right now, idle is at the 50 mark and below that it goes into reverse mode. I would like the throttle not to go into reverse below 50; just a full range forward throttle from 0-100.

I found an old post on this subject and Pete said “In the 4 throttles calibration tab check the NRZ (no reverse zone) option -- do this before calibration.” 

I’m only going to use one throttle lever for all engines; I’m not going to assign the other levers to other engines.

In Axis Assignment, I set up “Throttle” to “Send Direct to FSUIPC Calibration”. In Joystick Calibration, I went to the 4 throttles page, moved the throttle and none of the In/Out numbers moved. So I went to page one, moved the throttle, saw the throttle In/Out numbers move and selected Map to 4 throttles. Back on the 4 throttle page the No Reverse Zone box was grayed out. When I clicked Min Set on Throttle 1, the NRZ box became available and I selected it before calibrating like Pete said to do. Following the directions in the user guide, I pulled the throttle down to “0” and pressed the Min Set button. The value said -16384. I then moved the throttle up to 100 and pressed the maximum Set button which gave a reading of +16383. It would seem that with NRZ selected, the min should be 0. The throttle used 50 as the idle point.

What am I missing? The .ini and log files are attached. Using FSX-SE with FSUIPC v4.977.

FSUIPC4.ini FSUIPC4.log

If assigning to FSUIPC's Throttle axis, you dont need to map to 4 throttles or use the individual throttle calibration page. You only need to calibrate that control on the first calibration page. So, remove the mapping and individual throttle calibration, and try just calibrating on the first page. Also, maybe check the calibration of the throttle in windows controllers. And make sure that you have not installed the saitek/logitek drivers or software - if so, uninstall and let windows install the default drivers.

If you continue to get issues when assigning 'Direct to FSUIPC Calibration', try with 'Send to FS as normal axis instead'. This will have various throttle axis controls - the "AXIS_THROTTLE_SET" controls go from idle to max only (idle at -16384, max at +16384), and the older FS98 controls (THROTTLEn_SET) provide a reverse range (for those the numerical throttle position for IDLE is always 0, max is 16384, and reverse is negative -- the max reverse depending on the AIRCRAFT.CFG parameter for reverse thrust percentage -- for example 25% would be -4096 (25% of -16384). FSUIPC calibrates to -4096 but auto-scales this according to the specific aircraft).

You also have the throttle mapped to 3 distinct axes on two different controllers:

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=AS,1,D,4,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-
1=AP,0,F,66416,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: PAN_VIEW }-
2=CY,256,D,4,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-
3=CZ,256,D,4,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-

You should only assign one axis - have multiple assignments to an axis can confuse things.

Your ini also showed now controllers/devices were connected, which is rather strange:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes
A=SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick << MISSING JOYSTICK >>
A.GUID={E3204030-CAE3-11EA-8002-444553540000}
B=Alpha Flight Controls << MISSING JOYSTICK >>
B.GUID={AEB89220-CAE3-11EA-8001-444553540000}
C=Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant << MISSING JOYSTICK >>
C.GUID={EC637680-1B6D-11ED-8001-444553540000}

John

Before installing the throttle quadrant I had FSX controllers disabled. Apparently, when you add a new controller, FSX automatically enables controllers. That's what happened when I added the throttle quadrant. Once I disabled controllers, I was able to easily assign the throttle without a reverse zone.