The simFlight Network Forums

GSX (MSFS): disable Pilots and Crew Boarding animation

adnanso

Hello everyone, 

If you like me, want to remove pilots and crew from the boarding process, GSX offers no direct way to do it, but the manual lists LVARS that can be used by third party devs to achieve the same goal, which means, it can be done through FSUIPC :

just add the following line to myevents.txt file in FSUIPC folder (create it if it doesn't exist):

FSDT_GSX_PAX_ONLY#1 (>L:FSDT_GSX_PILOTS_NOT_DEBOARDING) (SLEEP:100) 1 (>L:FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_DEBOARDING) (SLEEP:100) 1 (>L:FSDT_GSX_PILOTS_NOT_BOARDING) (SLEEP:100) 1 (>L:FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_BOARDING)

then start fsuipc and assign a button -or a key press- as follows :

image.png.10520f43ba2e7d30e58fa5f3bfc3087c.png

now all you have to do is to press that button just before asking for boarding or deboarding and voilà! 

• Like 2

• adnanso changed the title to GSX (MSFS): disable Pilots and Crew Boarding animation
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Aristomenis said:

I have tried it and it doesn't work

Maybe i am doing something wrong with the timing between pressing the button and requesting boarding

I tried single press, i tried continuous.... nothing

Please supply/attach more  information - your FSUIPC7.ini file and an FSUIPC7.log file with relevant logging applied, which un this case would be for Buttons & Keys and Events.

John 

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2022 at 9:06 AM, adnanso said:

Hello everyone, 

If you like me, want to remove pilots and crew from the boarding process, GSX offers no direct way to do it, but the manual lists LVARS that can be used by third party devs to achieve the same goal, which means, it can be done through FSUIPC :

just add the following line to myevents.txt file in FSUIPC folder (create it if it doesn't exist):

FSDT_GSX_PAX_ONLY#1 (>L:FSDT_GSX_PILOTS_NOT_DEBOARDING) (SLEEP:100) 1 (>L:FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_DEBOARDING) (SLEEP:100) 1 (>L:FSDT_GSX_PILOTS_NOT_BOARDING) (SLEEP:100) 1 (>L:FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_BOARDING)

then start fsuipc and assign a button -or a key press- as follows :

image.png.10520f43ba2e7d30e58fa5f3bfc3087c.png

now all you have to do is to press that button just before asking for boarding or deboarding and voilà! 

Thanks so much man, much needed workaround.

56 minutes ago, 737-SimGuy said:

Does this work in P3D as well?

No, this will not work as defined here in P3D - there is no such thing as a preset or a way to execute calculator code in P3D. However, if the same (or similar) lvars exist when using GSX in P3D, you could write a lua script to set the lvars (including a short delay) instead of using a preset/calculator code. First, try listing the lvars to see if the following are available: L:FSDT_GSX_PILOTS_NOT_DEBOARDING, L:FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_DEBOARDING, L:FSDT_GSX_PILOTS_NOT_BOARDING & L:FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_BOARDING

If they exist, you can write a short lua script that performs the same actions as the calculator code (i.e. set the value of each of those lvars to 1, with a 100ms delay in between each call) and assign to that.

John

25 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

No, this will not work as defined here in P3D - there is no such thing as a preset or a way to execute calculator code in P3D. However, if the same (or similar) lvars exist when using GSX in P3D, you could write a lua script to set the lvars (including a short delay) instead of using a preset/calculator code. First, try listing the lvars to see if the following are available: L:FSDT_GSX_PILOTS_NOT_DEBOARDING, L:FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_DEBOARDING, L:FSDT_GSX_PILOTS_NOT_BOARDING & L:FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_BOARDING

If they exist, you can write a short lua script that performs the same actions as the calculator code (i.e. set the value of each of those lvars to 1, with a 100ms delay in between each call) and assign to that.

John

Thank you John. They do indeed exist, so I will give the Lua script solution a try!

James

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

John

This indeed works! Great idea John!

James

• Like 1