The simFlight Network Forums

FSCUIP6 not showing as registered

I have used FSCUIP for years without problems. I purchased version 6 for P3D a while ago and now I find that in game it shows as unregistered.

I have closed P3D then rerun the installer, everything shows a registered. But when I run P3D it still shows unregistered. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the same thing happens.

My FSCUIP 6 is installed in my C Drive and my P3D in my G Drive. So it works via the xml system which I don't really understand.

What can I do have the registration showing in game?

You have installed under your Windows Documents folder. This is not a good place to install FSUIPC6 due to windows access permissions on this folder. Re-run the installer and select a different non-windows protected folder for the installation. After you have re-installed, you can copy/move your FSUIPC6.ini and any *.lua, *.mcro, *.dll or any other files thar you use to the new location.

John

Thank you John

Over the years FSCUIP always resided in a Modules folder in P3D, FSX and so on. My new P3D installation now doesn't have a Modules folder for some reason. Perhaps FSCUIP used to create one and doesn't anymore?

Would it be better if I simply created a Modules folder in P3D then installed it there?

I would uninstall FSCUIP totally then reinstall.

Tony

1 hour ago, tonyc1946 said:

Over the years FSCUIP always resided in a Modules folder in P3D, FSX and so on. My new P3D installation now doesn't have a Modules folder for some reason. Perhaps FSCUIP used to create one and doesn't anymore?

For many tears the Modules folder was the default (and only) installation location. This was a hangover from the FSX days / FSUIPC4, which still uses that folder.

1 hour ago, tonyc1946 said:

Would it be better if I simply created a Modules folder in P3D then installed it there?

No - I recommend that you don't install under the FS/P3D folder any more. This can also cause issues, depending on where the FS is installed. These days, it is better to have all your add-ons installed in a separate non-windows protected folder , such as C:\FSUIPC6 or C:\P3Dv5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6. The former is actually now the default installation location, but initially it defaulted to the location of the add-on.xml file, under your Documents folder, and when you re-install it always defaults to the existing installation location.

John

Hi John

I actually installed it to a a new Modules folder inside P3D prior to your swift reply (thank you). It works fine now but then my P3D is installed on my G drive with C drive kept for MSFS.

My P3D Addons was originally created in C Drive but within Documents which I guess is Windows protected (not knowing much about these things!).

Anyway as it is now showing as registered should I leave well enough alone?

Tony

1 minute ago, tonyc1946 said:

My P3D Addons was originally created in C Drive but within Documents

This folder is created by P3D and is the location of the add-on.xml file. It should be used for that only, and you should not install the application into this folder.

2 minutes ago, tonyc1946 said:

Anyway as it is now showing as registered should I leave well enough alone?

Its ok to leave it there if its working ok....

Cheers,

John