The simFlight Network Forums

FlightControlReplay v5 [Released]

Hello,

Like many simmers, we're all happy with the release of the 40th Anniversary edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator, thanks to the new aircraft and with the Sim Update 11 enhancements as well.

The other good news is that FlightControlReplay 5 is also directly compatible with your updated version of MSFS.

There is one downside though : your new helicopters are not permitted for use with the LiveGhost feature, and in PlayAI mode. The way they are coded does not allow me to do it for now. But, if you are a lucky owner of the HPG 145 for example, that's not a default helicopter, this one works OK to create your replays or to enjoy a flying companion.

Various Youtubers already introduced the MSFS 40th Anniversary content, and .. they recorded their videos with my software. Watch these :

The Flight Sim Deck
Every NEW Plane | Sim Update 11 | Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary | 4K

Aus Flight Simmer
Microsoft Flight Simulations - How GOOD is THE 40th ANNIVERSARY EDITION? | 4K

Pilot Studd 
MSFS News! | FS40 Release Times + AI Traffic UPDATE! | 1080p

Hello Fabio, 

Thanks for your hardwork on the program. Ive had the app since March and was using it often. I was excited to finally hear about the new update ( especially the UI ) but was shocked that it cost money to update. I love supporting devs and appreciete all their work. But can you explain to me why you're charging money for the new update? Is this going to be the same when you eventually update to verion 6? 

I am not here to cause any trouble. I am just generally curious as updates are usually part of the deal when we first purchase the product. Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Edilclyde said:

Hello Fabio, 

Thanks for your hardwork on the program. Ive had the app since March and was using it often. I was excited to finally hear about the new update ( especially the UI ) but was shocked that it cost money to update. I love supporting devs and appreciete all their work. But can you explain to me why you're charging money for the new update? Is this going to be the same when you eventually update to verion 6? 

I am not here to cause any trouble. I am just generally curious as updates are usually part of the deal when we first purchase the product. Thanks! 

Hello,

I understand your point, you purchased FlightControlReplay v4.5 not a long time ago. But take also in consideration that this software already existed in its last style since 2016, and it was even started in 2012. During this 10 years cycle, the product has evolved, and got several flight simulators added as well. All these new features, new simulators support, and several packs of innovations, were included for free. For example, many FSX users could keep their software all over these years with just one fee, for P3D all versions, and then for MSFS. When a customer gets a car a few months before its design is modernized, then you can feel frustrated not to have the latest design as well. Sure, but in my case, I set a price upgrade policy, and there's even a second level for an even lower price for customers who got it since August. There's always a difficulty here of when you point the date of change. And more specifically in my case, it's not just a reskin of the same program code. It's vastly revamped technically, and adds innovative features as well. So this is not about 1 fix for 1 issue, or a change of skin display. Months of work are behind, other people involved as well to write a new user manual, etc..

My software life cycle has not been of 1 or 2 years only, my price tag is not above 30 EUR, and today for 8 EUR you get a cheap book or a dessert in restaurant. When you sum the price that you paid first with the upgrade fee, you are close to the base price of FCR5 for new customers, but YOU have got FCR for several months already. I'm committed to provide - here again - fixes and next upgrades, free of charge, for a good time. There is absolutely not a FCR6 in the works.

Take the time to watch a few streamers videos and to read users feedback in forum. To my knowledge, there are only satisfied and positive comments on how much the upgrade is appreciated in difference from the last generation. If you don't want to pay, then your software keeps working well and it supports already many airliners, so that's also possible. It remains yours and you are free to choose what to do.

Regards.

57 minutes ago, FabioMerlo said:

Hello,

I understand your point, you purchased FlightControlReplay v4.5 not a long time ago. But take also in consideration that this software already existed in its last style since 2016, and it was even started in 2012. During this 10 years cycle, the product has evolved, and got several flight simulators added as well. All these new features, new simulators support, and several packs of innovations, were included for free. For example, many FSX users could keep their software all over these years with just one fee, for P3D all versions, and then for MSFS. When a customer gets a car a few months before its design is modernized, then you can feel frustrated not to have the latest design as well. Sure, but in my case, I set a price upgrade policy, and there's even a second level for an even lower price for customers who got it since August. There's always a difficulty here of when you point the date of change. And more specifically in my case, it's not just a reskin of the same program code. It's vastly revamped technically, and adds innovative features as well. So this is not about 1 fix for 1 issue, or a change of skin display. Months of work are behind, other people involved as well to write a new user manual, etc..

My software life cycle has not been of 1 or 2 years only, my price tag is not above 30 EUR, and today for 8 EUR you get a cheap book or a dessert in restaurant. When you sum the price that you paid first with the upgrade fee, you are close to the base price of FCR5 for new customers, but YOU have got FCR for several months already. I'm committed to provide - here again - fixes and next upgrades, free of charge, for a good time. There is absolutely not a FCR6 in the works.

Take the time to watch a few streamers videos and to read users feedback in forum. To my knowledge, there are only satisfied and positive comments on how much the upgrade is appreciated in difference from the last generation. If you don't want to pay, then your software keeps working well and it supports already many airliners, so that's also possible. It remains yours and you are free to choose what to do.

Regards.

Thank you so much for replying to me! 

This is exactly the reply I hoping to get. A straight up explanation , direct to the point and and I appreciate that you didnt take my question as a direct personal attack! More so, you understanding why I had to ask the question. Thank you very much. 
I do not have a problem with supporting devs. I even donate to freeware projects like Zibo , FBW etc. I was just afraid as we have seen a raise of developers trying to take advantage of this niche market. I didnt reliaze that this app has been almost 10 years. I have only learn about it earlier this year. Amazing job and thank you for the discount! I will go ahead and purchase the upgrade. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 9:00 AM, FabioMerlo said:

Hi !

I m happy you are satified about !

If you want more FPS you can set che FPS you want chieve in FCR Options and try to run with new FPS value 😉

For the second question i ll deep investigate

Fabio

Hey Fabio, I have a question so as I wrote to you before I was having issues with the recording speed being played back to fast, I was told that happens when I record at a little frame rate now the problem might be  I use an RTX  4090 and DLSS3 does your program see the extra frames that the graphics card is creating or does it only see what the SIM sees? Is it possible to make it so that it sees the extra frames that the graphics card is creating?

Hi !

I'll check and test it ! But remember that when using Fenix and PMDG, you need (to produce a replay) to restart the flight because PMDG and Fenix must reinitialize their internal system. If you have a recorded flight with an issue, send it to me via email at flightonfly @ gmail.com

5 hours ago, Fear4u2envy said:

Hey Fabio, I have a question so as I wrote to you before I was having issues with the recording speed being played back to fast, I was told that happens when I record at a little frame rate now the problem might be  I use an RTX  4090 and DLSS3 does your program see the extra frames that the graphics card is creating or does it only see what the SIM sees? Is it possible to make it so that it sees the extra frames that the graphics card is creating?

Hi ! 

I don’t think extra frame in NVIDIA 4080/4090 interfere with our system . Anyway inll have a 4080 soon to test !

On 11/18/2022 at 2:16 AM, FabioMerlo said:

Hi !

I'll check and test it ! But remember that when using Fenix and PMDG, you need (to produce a replay) to restart the flight because PMDG and Fenix must reinitialize their internal system. If you have a recorded flight with an issue, send it to me via email at flightonfly @ gmail.com

It still doesn't capture the spoiler animation correctly on the  inibuilds A310. I'll be happy to test an update for it. 

1 minute ago, captbillybob said:

It still doesn't capture the spoiler animation correctly on the  inibuilds A310. I'll be happy to test an update for it. 

Ciao !

Yes for A310 i m testing FCR Update in these days ! Soon will be an FCR Update that will fix some bugs and introduce some cool features ! Stay tuned (for test A310 you are enrolled !)

3 hours ago, DaveRuk said:

A quick question, and apologies if I've overlooked a FAQ, I've purchased the v5 update, but does the download update the existing installation.....or should v4.5 be uninstalled first, then run the new v5 installer? Thanks in advance!

Hi Dave ! I m happy answer you ! You can leave the installed v4.5 and install v5 in another folder ! These can be installed both 😎

Hello,

Many simmers enjoy the PMDG 737 in MSFS and there are still numerous questions about what is exactly supported by FlightControlReplay 5 with this advanced airliner.

My tool will accurately reproduce the position and animation of the following items in PMDG 737 MSFS :

* Flaps
* Spoilers 
* Ailerons
* Slats
* Reverse Thrust
* Gear

How do you start a replay with PMDG 737 that ensures the correct aircraft status when the replay begins ?
* Restart a new flight from the main menu of Microsoft Flight Simulator. This will reinitialize all your aircraft systems and animated parts status.
* Load the replay file of your recorded flight. 

Now, instead of only promises, watch the following demonstrations made by customers just like you who managed to replay the full animations of flaps, gears, spoilers etc of their PMDG 737 during landing or takeoff in MSFS !

LynxFly
MSFS 737-800 Landing in Malta | 4K

Venom Airways
MSFS2020 - PMDG-737-800 | VNZ331 Morning departure | 4K

Venom Airways
MSFS2020 - PMDG 737-800 | Landing 23L in Auckland | 4K

On 11/25/2022 at 9:12 AM, FabioMerlo said:

All controls parts moving (also for PMDG and FENIX) . Ailerons are moved by you manually or by autopilot?

I would have the same question. The just posted examples (like the Malta landing) show everything BUT the ailerons as far as I can see. Is this a bug?

Regards,

Robert

On 12/3/2022 at 6:24 PM, CFG154_Peter said:

Hi, I have also this problem :

As long as I have the MSFS toolbar installed in my community folder the simulator will 100% crash when clicking on the "Fly" button after loading in the flight.

With the folder removed the sim will not crash.

Thanks for any recommendation

Hi !

The only things i have in mind that you are using FBW Traffic Injector . There is a compatibility issue from his side (FBW).

F

Hi Fabio, 

Many thanks for Flight Control Replay, I appreciate the effort! 

I'm seeking help as I must be doing something wrong though having read the manual. I'm running into a few problems when trying to record an mp4 file. Here are a few seconds of an MP4 sample. The issues are:

• Recording a video takes very long. One second of the flight takes about 20 seconds to record. The below video took about 3 minutes to record.
  • The recording has no sound.
  • The recording stutters ('backwards-forwards-backwards-forwards etc)
  • In the recording, the time seems to be fast-forwarded (clouds and cars are moving very)

Sorry to bother you with this - have you got any ideas of what I must do?

Thanks,

Christian