The simFlight Network Forums

SIOC Axis to FSUIPC Axis ?

For 1. I dont know exactly how it is done, i just read about this Workarround in the Prosim Forum from another user who find out how it works.
You can find it by searching for Active Sky in the Prosim Forum.

I really dont understand why Prosim is not willing to use MSFS's Weather Radar ??? I dont know...all is there, but they are not using it.

For 2. Did not work here.
Whatever control i set up in FSUIPC is overwritten by Prosim when i use Prosim in Simconnect Mode, which is the Mode to use by Prosim devs.

Btw...latest Prosim Beta 3.23b2 has no Rudder functioning in Air at all here. Also the Lower Eicas did not show any deflection ( selecting SYS )

MSFS added radar/map capabilities in a recent update (SU9 or SU10 I think). These facilities are only available to WASM modules via the MapView API - see https://docs.flightsimulator.com/flighting/html/Programming_Tools/WASM/MapView_API/MapView_API.htm.

Therefore it is quite possible for aircraft (and other WASM modules) to use this API to generate various map types. At some point, when time permits, I will look into this to see if I can make something available via the FSUIPC WASM module to support map file generation - and independently of Active Sky.

John

17 minutes ago, mroschk said:

For 2. Did not work here.
Whatever control i set up in FSUIPC is overwritten by Prosim when i use Prosim in Simconnect Mode, which is the Mode to use by Prosim devs

The point is you assign an offset in Prosim, not a control axis. It’s one of the options for every control axis.

If your controls are true axes then you can assign them in FSUIPC to a user offset, and use that in Prosim.

Pete

3 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

MSFS added radar/map capabilities in a recent update (SU9 or SU10 I think). These facilities are only available to WASM modules via the MapView API - see https://docs.flightsimulator.com/flighting/html/Programming_Tools/WASM/MapView_API/MapView_API.htm.

Therefore it is quite possible for aircraft (and other WASM modules) to use this API to generate various map types. At some point, when time permits, I will look into this to see if I can make something available via the FSUIPC WASM module to support map file generation - and independently of Active Sky.

John

Hi John,

That’s good news, but I wasn’t aware ActiveSky had such specific support for MSFS. Last I knew, Damian declined to do anything whilst MSFS had such a closed weather control interface.

I shall need to refer to the thread the OP referenced, to see what the ‘workaround’ is.

12 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

John

Hello "together"

that sounds really good.

I dont know if you know the Prosim Devs, but maybe you can give them the Tip with more Success then i had?

Matthias

10 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I wasn’t aware ActiveSky had such specific support for MSFS. Last I knew, Damian declined to do anything whilst MSFS had such a closed weather control interface.

It doesn't - there is no version of ActiveSky that supports MSFS. I do not know or understand how AS interacts with ProSim, as the OP is using it - but then I don't know much about ProSim anyway!

I believe there is a version of REX available for MSFS, so weather control is possible. Not sure if there is an AS version under development for MSFS or not at the moment - seem to be a lot of contracting posts on this, and most quite old now.

21 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I shall need to refer to the thread the OP referenced, to see what the ‘workaround’ is.

Not sure what you are referring to here - I see no thread the OP referenced...

John