The simFlight Network Forums

Lost P3D main window focus.

Hi,

Im using overhead touchscreen for my 737 on a second monitor.

While pressing the touch screen Im losing focus with the main screen and unable to press any button unless mouse clicking back on it.

I searched and came across some solution like mouse.move etc…

I couldnt understand how to set them and would appreciate any advise here.

Thank you.

13 hours ago, raam123 said:

While pressing the touch screen Im losing focus with the main screen and unable to press any button unless mouse clicking back on it.

What do you mean by 'unable to press any button'? Are these physical or virtual buttons? If the former, than what has this got to do with the mouse, and if the latter then you will be using the mouse to click the button. So I don't understand this.

The issue with focus is with key assignments. MSFS needs to have the (keyboard input) focus for it to receive key presses. If the focus is elsewhere, you could try adding
    SetForegroundOnKeySend=Yes
to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini if this is the issue. You can aslo try with
    KeyboardFocus=Yes
(not sure what the difference is).

Note also that there is a specific FSUIPC-added control called "key focus restore" (number 1125), as listed later in the Added controls list.
Please see the Advanced User guide for a details on these parameters.

Otherwise, could you please clarify what the issue actually is.

John

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

What do you mean by 'unable to press any button'? Are these physical or virtual buttons? If the former, than what has this got to do with the mouse, and if the latter then you will be using the mouse to click the button. So I don't understand this.

The issue with focus is with key assignments. MSFS needs to have the (keyboard input) focus for it to receive key presses. If the focus is elsewhere, you could try adding
    SetForegroundOnKeySend=Yes
to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini if this is the issue. You can aslo try with
    KeyboardFocus=Yes
(not sure what the difference is).

Note also that there is a specific FSUIPC-added control called "key focus restore" (number 1125), as listed later in the Added controls list.
Please see the Advanced User guide for a details on these parameters.

Otherwise, could you please clarify what the issue actually is.

John

I'm using P3Dv5 does the above also apply ? 

Thank you !

I tried all of the above with no success.

"What do you mean by 'unable to press any button'? Are these physical or virtual buttons? If the former, than what has this got to do with the mouse, and if the latter then you will be using the mouse to click the button. So I don't understand this."

If I press second monitor the P3D monitor losses focus, then trying to press an assigned button by FSUIPC it doenst work.

I have to Press P3D monitor to have it focused then all working well, Hope I explained it.

19 hours ago, raam123 said:

If I press second monitor the P3D monitor losses focus, then trying to press an assigned button by FSUIPC it doenst work.

I have to Press P3D monitor to have it focused then all working well, Hope I explained it.

No, that is still not clear... what is/are the button assigned to? Is it a key press or something else?  Or does this apply to all button assignments regardless?

Could you activate logging for Buttons And Keys as well as Events, and generate a log file showing your issue, and attach that (exit P3D/FSUIPC6 first please) together with your FSUIPC6.ini file.

Focus should only affect keyboard input, nothing else, and those parameters previously mentioned should force the focus back to P3D before sending any key presses..

John