The simFlight Network Forums

Undocumented offsets

Hi,

Around a week ago, I started asking Open AI chat (now Open GPT) some questions about the PMDG 737 and some parameters for undocumented events such as the events that control the efis or hgs. It returned a very large laundry list of offsets for the efis and hgs. This prompted me to ask it other questions about event parameters and offsets that weren't documented anywhere that I know about. Some systems I asked about were icas, the du displays, the efis, hgs, isd, flight path, nd, and the map. It returned lists upon lists of offsets. The more I asked, the more it gave. Are these valid systems that have offsets that we can use, or is Open AI misleading me? I tried some of its recommended icas offsets in private, and everything works. I don't want to publish the offset memory blocks in case they shouldn't make it into the wild, but am wondering if we could use them?

9 hours ago, Andy B. said:

Are these valid systems that have offsets that we can use

I doubt it  very much...

or is Open AI misleading me?

I suspect so...

I tried some of its recommended icas offsets in private, and everything works.

This surprises me a lot...

It would help if you gave an example.

All PMDG 737 specific offsets are documented in the Offset Mapping for PMDG document, and all general offsets are documented in the FSUIPC Offset Status document.
There just aren't and can't be any other offsets.

The only undocumented offsets as such, are those that are used internally or have been allocated to other people or programs. They are usually only documented as "Reserved" or something similar, with the actual purpose defined by the person or aircraft/program they are reserved for (and usually free for general use if not using the program or aircraft they are reserved for).

John