The simFlight Network Forums

Presets gone after update to the latest FSUIPC version and SU12

Nicesub

Hi,

I have been using FSUIPC for a month or two now on MSFS SU11 and everything worked well for me there. Yesterday MSFS got updated to SU12 and I also updated FSUIPC to 7.3.19 and now when I go to buttons assignment and open the drop down list for Presets, the list is empty. Also the main screen of FSUIPC says 0 hvars loaded and 0 presets available. I tried to instal 7.3.19 twice after this error and no luck.

Do you have an events.txt file in your FSUIPC7 installation folder? It should be there if you checked to install this component in the installer (should be checked by default).
Check your InstallFSUIPC7.log file as well (or post/attach it here) - if it was installed you should see the following lines:

Output folder: D:\FSUIPC7
Installing MF events.txt file in D:\FSUIPC7.
Extract: events.txt... 100%
Extract: events-LICENSE.txt... 100%
MF events.txt file installation completed.

If the events.txt file is in your installation folder then I have no idea why it can't be read - if this is the case, please show me/attach your FSUIPC7.log file.

John

Okay, I found the issue thnx to your input. Basically when I was installing new verion I was perhaps too much picky on the extras side so I disabled MobiFlight. I was not clear from the installer description that MobiFlight has anything to do with presets. Since you mentioned in your post that they should be installed automatically and I could not find those files I realized it was part of some extras that I disabled. Now it seems everything is fine after reinstalling with all mobiflight options checked.

51 minutes ago, Nicesub said:

I was not clear from the installer description that MobiFlight has anything to do with presets.

It is called Mobiflight Presets - although you can inky see the first few letters of the word Presets - I will look into widening the window. You should also read the installation guide:

MobiFlight Presets (events.txt file): this is the MobiFlight file that contains the MobiFlight presets
and associated calculator code. Installing this file will allow you to assign directly to the MobiFlight
presets without the need to install the MobiFlight event files (see below). This file is provided by
courtesy of MobiFlight – please see the Advanced User guide for details, as well as the MobiFlight
HubHop resource (
https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/) where you are advised to register and contribute
if using presets.

I would also recommend that anyone using presets should take a look at the WASM section of the Advanced User manual, as more details and an overview of how these work are given there.

John