The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7v7.3.19 Extract: error writing to file installing and registering FSUIPC7.pdf

Tawich

I'm trying to reinstall FSUIPC after MSFS SU12 and I couldn't reinstall due to error message "FSUIPC7v7.3.19 Extract: error writing to file installing and registering FSUIPC7.pdf" Can anyone help?  Already tried redownloading the installation file but didn't work.

Where are you getting the installer from - www.fsuipc.com?

11 minutes ago, Tawich said:

Tried not selecting FSUIPC7.pdf also didn't work.

There is no such option - there is only FSUIPC7 Documentation (containing User Manuals and Lua Documentation). Are you saying that you get the same error when you deselect this? I cannot see how that can be...

Are you extracting/unzipping the downloaded file before running the installer?

I really don't understand this issue - if there is an InstallFSUIPC7.log file generated, please show me that. Otherwise, can you take a screenshot of this error or maybe even a short video of the installation process and show me that.

Hi, 

I finally got it to install. I found out that FSUIPC wasn't uninstalled properly. My drive still had FSUIPC folder from previous installation. After I ran another uninstall, I managed to install the new one.

Many thanks.

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Ok..strange though. The installer should automatically detect the previous installation and uninstall that before proceeding...

John

Yes, it did and I uninstalled it,  The process went through re-installtion thereafter the un-insallation completed and I received the error.  All resolved now, many thanks.

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Where are you getting the installer from - www.fsuipc.com?

There is no such option - there is only FSUIPC7 Documentation (containing User Manuals and Lua Documentation). Are you saying that you get the same error when you deselect this? I cannot see how that can be...

Are you extracting/unzipping the downloaded file before running the installer?

I really don't understand this issue - if there is an InstallFSUIPC7.log file generated, please show me that. Otherwise, can you take a screenshot of this error or maybe even a short video of the installation process and show me that.

Sorry, it was FSUIPC7 Documentation option, I couldn't remember the exact wordings.  I thought the pdf file in there was the culprit.  All resolved now, thank you.